Are you a good listener, comfortable on camera, able to put instructors and students at ease discussing a variety of topics, with humor, compassion and spontaneity? creativeLIVE, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, passionate and experienced individual to join our organization as an On-Screen Host in our Seattle and San Francisco studios.
Successful candidates demonstrate unique and compelling tasks during live workshops broadcast over the Internet, a creative approach to helping steer online educational programming, and a passion for creativeLIVE’s mission of providing FREE creative education around the world.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- On-camera interaction with instructor, studio audience members and a world-wide online audience
- Host multi-day live broadcast events, including selecting appropriate questions from a global online audience to help steer the flow and content of the course
- Sell the creativeLIVE product during the live events with genuine, creative and unique sales pitches
- Promote upcoming workshops and solicit auditions for studio audience
- Publicly represent creativeLIVE and help build our community via your own professional social media outside of live events
- Team collaboration with production during pre-production/production of instructor courses
- A clear and energetic presentation that connects with a global creativeLIVE audience in person and online
- Good listener, confident and comfortable on camera
- A distinctive point of view with the ability to discuss many subjects
- Insightful photography and/or business experience
- Professional demeanor; can roll with the punches if something fails or goes awry on the spot. Ability to ad-lib, redirect communication quickly and tactfully during live events
- Experience interviewing, radio or television reporting, live broadcasting, public speaking, performing, podcasting, or video-casting
- Must be able to work well as part of a live broadcast team
- Well spoken communication skills, verbally fluent in English
- A demo reel or video samples of on-camera host, reporting or public speaking work
- Must have flexible work hours, which includes weekends
To apply: Please email your resume and video samples/demo reel of previous on-screen hosting experience to email@example.com along with answers to the following:
- In a brief paragraph, tell us a little bit about you and why you want to be a part of the creativeLIVE team
- How long have you been watching creativeLIVE and who is your favorite instructor, to date?
- Your general availability
This role is for a part-time contractor with the potential for full-time employment.
Please send your resume and cover letter to the address below. Be sure to enter the job for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.email: firstname.lastname@example.org