CreativeLive “30 Days of Genius” Sweepstakes
SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS (OTHER THAN A RESIDENT OF RI) AND OF MAJORITY AGE IN THE STATE IN WHICH ENTRANT RESIDES OR A LEGAL RESIDENT OF ANY OTHER COUNTRY (OTHER THAN A COUNTRY IN WHICH THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS PROHIBITED BY LAW) AND OF MAJORITY AGE IN THE COUNTRY IN WHICH ENTRANT RESIDES AND WHO HAVE SIGNED UP FOR THE “30 DAYS OF GENIUS” COURSE OFFERED BY CREATIVELIVE DURING THE ENTRY PERIOD. ENTRANT MUST ALSO COMPLY WITH THESE OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES (THESE “OFFICIAL RULES”). NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PRODUCT PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO ENTER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The CreativeLive “30 Days of Genius” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States the District of Columbia and legal residents of any other country (other than a country in which this Sweepstakes is prohibited by law) who, as of the date of entry, are eighteen (18) years of age or older or of the legal age of majority and a legal resident in the jurisdiction in which the entrant resides and who have signed up for CreativeLive’s “30 Days of Genius” course (the “Course”) during the Entry Period. Current employees of CreativeLive, Inc. (“Sponsor”) or any of Sponsor’s parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or advertising, promotion and Internet agencies, and members of the immediate family or household of any such employee, are not eligible. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes.
2. PROMOTIONAL ENTRY PERIOD: The entry period for the Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on April 25, 2016 and ends at 11:59p.m. PT on May 13, 2016 (the “Entry Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: Each CreativeLive user (“Entrant”) that clicks the “sign up” button to sign up for CreativeLive’s “30 Days of Genius” Course [https://www.creativelive.com/courses/30-days-genius-chase-jarvis] during the Entry Period will be automatically entered as an eligible Entrant in the Sweepstakes. Entries must be submitted and received by Sponsor prior to the conclusion of the Entry Period. Each Entrant will be required to sign into their CreativeLive account or create an CreativeLive account in order to sign up for the Course. Limit one (1) Entry, per person, per computer, or per household. If you would like to sign up for the Course but do not wish to participate in this Promotion, during the Promotion Period please email email@example.com to opt-out. By signing up for the Course, you agree to receive future marketing and promotional communications from Sponsor. You may opt out at any time without affect to your Entry. Entrants may not enter through a sweepstakes club (or similar method), with multiple e-mail and/or street addresses, nor shall Entrant(s) use any other device or artifice to enter more than the permitted number of times. Any Entrant who uses fraudulent entry methods, or otherwise attempts to participate multiple times, or with multiple e-mail and/or addresses under multiple identities will be disqualified. In case of dispute, Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder connected with the CL account and to whom the accounts e-mail address is assigned. Sponsor reserves the right, at its reasonable discretion to refuse, disqualify, or withdraw any Entry and/or entrants at any time during the Sweepstakes.
4. PRIZE: The Prize is one (1) year of mentoring sessions with Chase Jarvis and four (4) of the influencers featured on “30 Days of Genius.” The one (1) year of mentoring sessions is defined as one (1) phone call or skype mentoring session per quarter with Chase Jarvis and each of the influencers, for a total four (4) total one-hour mentoring sessions. Restrictions may apply. All prize details will be determined by Sponsor in its discretion.
Dates and times of the mentorship sessions will be determined by Sponsor and are subject to change. Remote consultation sessions will be held via teleconference or videoconference in Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any cancellation or postponement of any of the activities that are expected to comprise part of the prize. In the event of cancellation or postponement of any prize-related activity, Sponsor’s only obligation will be to provide a substitute prize or prizes of equal or greater value selected by Sponsor in its discretion. In the event the winner engages in behavior during any prize-related activity (including without limitation travel to such prize activity) that, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, is obnoxious, threatening, disruptive, illegal, or tortious, or that subjects the winner to arrest or detention, or that is intended to or does threaten or harass any other person, or that violates any applicable rules and regulations, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to remove the winner from the applicable prize-related activity, deny the winner from participating in any other prize-related activities and/or disqualify the winner from the Contest and require the winner to forfeit any and/or all prize components, with no further obligation or compensation whatsoever to the winner and no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by winner as a result of such conduct. The prize will be awarded if properly claimed. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of the right to receive the prize or any component thereof is permitted, except in the discretion of Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value selected by Sponsor in its discretion. The prize consists only of the items expressly specified in these Official Rules. All expenses or costs associated with the acceptance or use of the prize or any component thereof that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the prize are the responsibility of the winner. Each component of the prize is awarded “as is” and without any warranty other than as required by law.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: There will be one (1) Entrant that wins the Prize (the “Winner”). Following the conclusion of the Entry Period, on May 15, 2016, the Winner will be selected in a random drawing, conducted by the Sponsor, from among all of the eligible Entrants. The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. The Winner will be notified by email on May 16, 2016. The Winner will be required to sign and return a Publicity Release and/or an Affidavit of Eligibility to Sponsor prior to receiving the Prize. If the Winner cannot be contacted via email after the first attempt to contact him/her within the required time period set forth in the Winner Notification Email from the Sponsor or in the event that the Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the Prize to an alternate Winner selected in a random drawing from among the remaining eligible Entrants. Only three (3) alternate winners will be chosen, after which any remaining Prize will remain un-awarded.
ALL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED, ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED BY SPONSOR, AND THE WINNER HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION AND DOCUMENTATION IS COMPLETE.
6. GRANT OF RIGHTS: By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant irrevocably grants Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, and the agents and licensees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Licensees”) the right to use the entrant’s name, likeness, voice, and/or biographical information, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed, for commercial purposes and any other purposes (including, without limitation, advertising and promotion), without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Licensees and all other companies involved in the development or operation of the Sweepstakes or the provision of the Prize or any component thereof, and the successors and assigns of each of the foregoing, and the officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for, and will have no liability for, (a) late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted, postage-due or incomplete entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of Entries or Entry information, or any other human or technical errors of any kind relating to the operation of the Website, communications or attempted communications with any Entrant, the submission, collection, storage or processing of entries or the administration of the Sweepstakes, (b) any “act of god” or other force majeure event outside of Sponsor’s control that may cause any postponement or cancellation of any prize-related activity or any component of the prize, (c) undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mail or (d) any damage to any computer system resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes. By entering, each entrant releases and agrees to hold each of the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all claims and liabilities of any kind that the entrant ever had, now has or might in the future have arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, the acceptance, receipt or use of the prize or any component thereof (including without limitation any participation in or travel to any prize-related activity) and/or any use of the entrant’s name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information and/or any Video, including without limitation all claims and liabilities based on any personal injury, property damage or loss or death or any violation of the right of publicity or privacy or infringement of copyright. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, receipt or use of the prize or any component thereof (including without limitation any participation in or travel to any prize-related activity). The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize. In no event will more than one (1) Prize be awarded.
8. GENERAL RULES: All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be verified or returned. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or prohibit from participating in the Sweepstakes any individual who, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor determines or believes (i) has tampered with the entry process or has undermined the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices, (ii) has engaged in conduct that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants or any representative of Sponsor, or (iii) has attempted or intends to attempt any of the foregoing. The use of automated devices, programs or methods to submit entries is prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that it believes may have been submitted using such an automated device, program or method. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bugs, entrant fraud or misconduct, or other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity, security or proper operation thereof, or for any other reason as determined by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry (i.e., the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address). Proof of submission does not constitute proof of entry. Entry times will be determined using Sponsor’s systems, which will be the official clock for the Sweepstakes. Normal time rates and/or data rates (as applicable), if any, charged by the entrant’s internet or mobile service provider will apply. In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes, a notice will be posted online and the Judges will select the winner in accordance with Section 5 from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. All federal, state, provincial/territorial and local laws and regulations apply. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or the prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and by entering each entrant waives all rights to claim punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington. Any legal proceedings arising out of the Sweepstakes or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in the State of Washington, King County, and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules.
10. WINNER’S NAME AND RULES REQUESTS: For the name of the winner, available after May 20, 2016, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “30 Days of Genius Sweepstakes” c/o CreativeLive, Inc., 757 Thomas St. Seattle, Washington 98109. Limit one (1) request per household.
11. SPONSOR: CreativeLive, Inc., Seattle, Washington.