– Me after reading the news this morning.
For those of you who may missed it there has been a few leaks regarding the upcoming Canon 5D Mark IV DSLR, but the bigger news (dare I say with an extra dash of cliché, ‘game-changer’) came last week from the folks over at Nokishita.
Here’s what they’re reporting:
- Pixel RAW Dual : record both of one of the normal to the RAW file of the image and the parallax information (parallax information). Digital Photo Professional of the “Dual Pixel RAW Optimizer” in the can: three of image processing
- Image Micro-adjustment: by using the depth information, to fine-tune the maximum position of the sharpness and resolution (original: micro-adjusts the position of maximum sharpness and resolution)
- Bokeh Shift: to change the position of the previous blur of viewpoint (original: repositions the viewpoint of foreground bokeh for a more pleasing result)
- Ghosting Reduction: reduce the incidence of ghost and flare
- RAW file size
- RAW: 6270 x 4480 about 36.8MB
- DPRAW: 6270 x 4480 about 66.9MB
- M-RAW: 5040 x 3360 about 27.7MB
- S-RAW: 3360 x 2240 about 18.9MB
While focus adjustment after the fact has been seen before through cameras from Lytro, this is a whole new ball game putting it into a DSLR. Yes the file size jumps dramatically but, and wedding photographers will know this feeling well, imagine being able to rescue that one shot that would have been perfect, but was juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust out of focus.
JUUUUUUUUST out of focus.
Ugh, I cringe reliving those missed moments.
There you have it. We’re still waiting for our chance to get our hands on one of these bad boys, but with breaking news like this we are ecstatic and excited to share it with you first.
If you missed our initial announcement, be sure to check out more leaked images and specs of the Canon 5D Mark IV from Digicame-Info.
UPDATE: Canon made it official and actual product images have been swapped in here.
Sensor: Effective pixels 30.4 million pixels, dual pixel CMOS
AF point: 61 points
ISO: 100-102400 (extension)
Continuous shooting: 7 frames / sec.
Video: 4K 30fps, HD120fps
150,000-pixel RGB + IR photometry sensor touch screen
Built-in GPS, Wi-Fi · NFC connection
Media: SDXC / SDHC / SD, CompactFlash Type II
The main terminal: USB 3.0, HDMI
Size: 150.7 x 116.4 x 75.9mm
Another UPDATE: We met up with the guys over at DPReview and got an early-access hands-on review of the Canon 5D Mark IV!
Get schooled by the best photographers in the business during Photo Week 2016! It’s an entire week jam-packed of photography education, inspirational talks from the industry’s leading photographers. Sign up now and reserve your spot for the FREE live broadcasts!