Plenty of folks looking to start or grow their business have looked to author, entrepreneur, and startup investor Guy Kawasaki for his sage wisdom on everything from venture capitol to which social media platform is the next big thing. But Guy, who spends most of his time working as a speaker these days, had some advice so blindingly simple (and smart) during his more recent Reddit AMA that we wanted to share it.
Here are some of the best quotes from his AMA:
– “Don’t study something because you heard that the job market is good.”
– “Over the course of your life, you’ll probably have 5-10 jobs. Your first job really doesn’t matter, so don’t make yourself crazy “optimizing” the decision since you’re going to change 4-9 times.”
– “Evangelism is when you have the other person’s best interests at heart. Sales is when you have your best – interests at heart.”
– “I would not focus on an industry. I would focus on creating a product or service that I love and hope that I’m not the only one.”
– “I think that good stuff rises and crap sinks.”