Enter Our Outdoor Photography Instagram Contest For Cool Prizes, Bragging Rights
Love showing off your landscape and outdoor photo skills on Instagram? Love winning cool (and totally useful) prizes that will help you in your pursuit of photographic perfection? Then heads up — our Instagram #OutdoorContest is for you. Yes, you.
Here’s the deal: we’re kicking off our week-long Outdoor Photography Sale (which will get you 25% off all outdoor and landscape photography classes, by the way — shop it now!) with an Instagram contest. Nothing like a friendly competition to kick start a renewed passion for learning, right? Now’s your time to show off your skills, earn some bragging rights, and win some cool prizes from cool companies, like this gear we’re currently obsessed with from PeakDesign. It’s called The Mudslinger Bundle, and it includes:
A Capture Clip. If you don’t know what a capture clip is, you’ll want to know about it now because it’ll take the awkwardness of a strap out of your hands and put the heavy lifting onto your backpack, your belt, or wherever you want to strap your camera. A quick and easy release mechanism keeps your camera handy for those un-missable moments.
A Camera Shell. If waterfalls, rainforests, or rainy cities are your bag, then you’re going to want to bag up your camera lens with the Shell. A waterproof “rain jacket” if you will, that covers all the important (and sensitive) bits of your gear so you can capture with confidence.
A Lightweight Strap. Even if the Capture Clip becomes your favorite way to carry your gear (it will), you should always have a Plan B. Enter the PeakDesign lightweight, weatherproof strap that works for everything from your camera to your binoculars. Like a good friend, a solid strap will never let you down.
If that wasn’t enough, you’ll also win a killer Lowepro Whistler BP 450 AW backpack to carry all of your gear in adventuring, element-protecting style.
Love it? So do we. Entering the Instagram contest is stupid simple, too:
1. Follow @CreativeLive on Instagram.
2. Upload your favorite outdoor and landscape photos to Instagram between April 25-May 1.
3. Hashtag it with #OutdoorContest
4. Kick back, peruse the competition, and cross your fingers until we announce the winner.
That’s it. Way easier than hiking to the top of Half Dome for a 30 second time lapse. Though, we wouldn’t discourage you from doing that, either. I mean, it is Outdoor Photography Week over here.
Get all the official rules below — you know, legal stuff like “must be 18 to enter, open to U.S. and Canada residents only, and you must have the rights to the photo you’re using to enter,” etc. After you’re done there, head over to Instagram to show us what you’ve got, and browse all the killer classes on sale now.
CreativeLive Outdoor Photography Instagram #OutdoorContest Sweepstakes
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, D.C. AND CANADA WHO AT THE TIME OF ENTRY ARE AGE 18 OR OLDER AND OF THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- ELIGIBILITY: The #OutdoorContest Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada who as of the date of entry are eighteen (18) years of age or older and of the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which the entrant resides. Current employees of CreativeLive, Inc. (“Sponsor”) or any of Sponsor’s parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or advertising, promotion and Internet agencies, and members of the immediate family or household of any such employee, are not eligible. U.S. and Canadian law govern this Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law.
HOW TO ENTER: The entry period for the Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on April 25, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on May 1, 2016 (the “Entry Period”). To enter the Sweepstakes, entrants must (1) follow @CreativeLive on Instagram and (2) upload a photo of their outdoor photography work to Instagram with the hashtag #OutdoorContest. The entrant’s Photo must comply with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules (including without limitation all guidelines contained in Section 3 below). Eligible entrants who submit an entry into the Sweepstakes in accordance with the above terms and conditions prior to the conclusion of the Entry Period will receive entry into the Sweepstakes.
PHOTO GUIDELINES: Photos must be original and have been created solely by the entrant. In addition, each Photo must comply with the following guidelines: (a) the Photo must not exhibit the entrant engaging in or otherwise promoting any illegal, violent, dangerous or discriminatory behavior or contain any material that is threatening, indecent, violent, obscene or offensive, or that promotes a political agenda; (b) the Photo must not include any brand name, trademark or logo of any entity (other than brand names, trademarks or logos associated with CreativeLive, Inc.); (c) the entrant must own the copyright in the Photo; (d) the Photo must not previously have been previously published or won any award; (e) the Photo must not contain any material that violates or infringes upon the rights of any third party, including without limitation any copyright, trademark or right of privacy or publicity, or that defames any person, or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable law or regulation, or whose use by the Licensees (as defined in Section 6) as permitted pursuant to Section 6 requires a license or permission from or payment to any third party; (f) if the Photo identifies, depicts or contains the voice of any person other than the entrant, the entrant must have prior to submission obtained written consent from such person (or his or her parent or legal guardian, if the person identified or depicted or whose voice is included is a minor) to the use by the Licensees of the Photo including such person’s name, image, voice and/or other identifying information, as applicable, as permitted pursuant to these Official Rules; and (g) the Photo must not contain any material that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate for public viewing and/or display. By uploading a Photo to the Website, the entrant represents and warrants that he or she has complied with all of the foregoing requirements and has obtained all permissions, licenses and consents that are necessary for the submission of the Photo and the use of the Photo as permitted pursuant to Section 6 and to verify compliance with the foregoing requirements. The entrant agrees to provide to Sponsor at Sponsor’s request copies of all such permissions, licenses and consents. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Photo that Sponsor determines does not comply with these guidelines and/or to require or permit an entrant to make such changes to any Photo as are necessary to make it compliant.
WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Following the conclusion of the Entry Period, one (1) potential Sweepstakes prize winners will be selected by judges designated by Sponsor (the “Judges”) from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period, by applying the following criteria to the entrant’s Photo, weighted as indicated: (a) Originality/Creativity (20%); (b) Subject Matter (20%); (c) Composition (15%); (d) Lighting (15%); and Wow Factor (30%). In the event of a tie between any two Photos, the Photo with the highest score in the “Wow Factor” category will be deemed the higher scoring entry. The odds of winning will depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified on or about May 6, 2016 by direct message on Instagram and/or e-mail, at Sponsor’s discretion. If the potential winner cannot be reached within forty-eight (48) hours of the initial notification attempt, he or she may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner selected. The potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility and Sponsor will have the right, in its discretion to require that the entrant (i) submit proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to Sponsor (including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification) and/or (ii) complete and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release (collectively, a “Declaration and Release” for residents of Canada), within forty-eight (48) hours f attempted delivery of same. If any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable or if the potential winner fails to respond to any notification attempt and/or fails to complete, sign, and return any documentation required by Sponsor within the time period specified above, does not meet the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 1, or is not compliant with these Official Rules, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
PRIZE: One (1) Prize package will be awarded. The Prize package consists of the following:
|Prize Description||Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”)|
|One (1) PeakDesign Mudslinger Bundle, which includes one (1) shell, one (1) camera leash, one (1) capture clip, and one (1) lens hood.||USD $125.95|
|LowePro Whistler BP 450 AW Pack
- Restrictions may apply. All prize details will be determined by Sponsor in its discretion. The aggregate ARV of the prize is USD $515.94. The exact value will depend on market conditions at the time of prize fulfillment. Sponsor is not responsible for any cancellation or postponement of any of the activities that are expected to comprise part of the prize. In the event of cancellation or postponement of any prize-related activity, Sponsor’s only obligation will be to provide a substitute prize or prizes of equal or greater value selected by Sponsor in its discretion. The prize will be awarded if properly claimed. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of the right to receive the prize or any component thereof is permitted, except in the discretion of Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value selected by Sponsor in its discretion. The prize consists only of the items expressly specified in these Official Rules. All expenses or costs associated with the acceptance or use of the prize or any component thereof that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the prize are the responsibility of the winner. Each component of the prize is awarded “as is” and without any warranty other than as required by law. FOR U.S. RESIDENTS: All federal, state and local taxes on the value of the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
GRANT OF RIGHTS:
- By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant irrevocably grants Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, and the agents and licensees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “
- ”) the right to use the entrant’s name, likeness, voice, and/or biographical information, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed, for commercial purposes and any other purposes (including, without limitation, advertising and promotion), without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. In addition, by entering the Sweepstakes and submitting a Photo, each entrant irrevocably grants the Licensees a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit, create derivative works based on and otherwise use the entrant’s Photo, in whole or in part, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed (including without limitation on Sponsor’s websites and social media channels), for commercial purposes and any other purposes (including, without limitation, advertising and promotion), without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
- The Licensees and all other companies involved in the development or operation of the Sweepstakes or the provision of the prize or any component thereof, and the successors and assigns of each of the foregoing, and the officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “
- ”) are not responsible for, and will have no liability for, (a) late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted, postage-due or incomplete entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries or entry information, or any other human or technical errors of any kind relating to the operation of the Website, communications or attempted communications with any entrant, the submission, collection, storage or processing of entries or the administration of the Sweepstakes, (b) any “act of god” or other force majeure event outside of Sponsor’s control that may cause any postponement or cancellation of any prize-related activity or any component of the prize, (c) undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mail or (d) any damage to any computer system resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes. By entering, each entrant releases and agrees to hold each of the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all claims and liabilities of any kind that the entrant ever had, now has or might in the future have arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, the acceptance, receipt or use of the prize or any component thereof (including without limitation any participation in or travel to any prize-related activity) and/or any use of the entrant’s name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information and/or any Photo, including without limitation all claims and liabilities based on any personal injury, property damage or loss or death or any violation of the right of publicity or privacy or infringement of copyright. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, receipt or use of the prize or any component thereof (including without limitation any participation in or travel to any prize-related activity). The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize. In no event will more than one (1) Sweepstakes Prize be awarded.
- All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be verified or returned. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or prohibit from participating in the Sweepstakes any individual who, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor determines or believes (i) has tampered with the entry process or has undermined the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices, (ii) has engaged in conduct that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants or any representative of Sponsor, or (iii) has attempted or intends to attempt any of the foregoing. The use of automated devices, programs or methods to submit entries is prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that it believes may have been submitted using such an automated device, program or method. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bugs, entrant fraud or misconduct, or other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity, security or proper operation thereof, or for any other reason as determined by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry (i.e., the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address). Proof of submission does not constitute proof of entry. Entry times will be determined using Sponsor’s computer, which will be the official clock for the Sweepstakes. Normal time rates and/or data rates (as applicable), if any, charged by the entrant’s internet or mobile service provider will apply. In the event of termination of the Sweepstakes, a notice will be posted online and the Judges will select the winner in accordance with Section 4 from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. All federal, state, provincial/territorial and local laws and regulations apply. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or the prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and by entering each entrant waives all rights to claim punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington. Any legal proceedings arising out of the Sweepstakes or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in the State of Washington, King County, and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules.
USE OF INFORMATION:
WINNER’S NAME AND RULES REQUESTS:
- For the names of the winners, available after May 10, 2016, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Outdoor Photography Sweepstakes, c/o CreativeLive, Inc., 757 Thomas St. Seattle, Washington 98109.
- CreativeLive, Inc., Seattle, Washington.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
Join millions of dreamers and doers who are upping their game every day. Sign up to access thousands of free lessons taught by industry greats.SIGN UP NOW
Watch Free Classes Now
Start learning for free today with our live and on air classes.