Freelancing 101: Turning your Side Hustle into Cash
with Andrew Whelan
Log in or Sign up for FREE and get full access to these and thousands of other Open Lessons in our catalog! Watch 2 Lessons For Free
01 Class Introduction12:23
06 Determine Your Hourly Rate15:33
Class duration: 2h 6mSee all 11 lessons
About The Class
How to earn income as a freelancer, no business degree required.
In this class you will:
- Lesson 1: Build a freelance plan of action so that you are prepared for business
- Lesson 2: Develop your freelance network
- Lesson 3: Create a simple brand to set you apart from your competitors
- Lesson 4: Analyze your market value so you know your worth
- Lesson 5: Determine your hourly rate to charge the right amount
- Lesson 6: Estimate your time commitment so you can set realistic expectations
- Lesson 7: Decide if a project is better suited for an hourly, day, or project rate
- Lesson 8: Figure out when to know to raise your rate
- Lesson 9: Negotiate value with a target number
- Lesson 10: When to say yes and when to say no to a project
Don't have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC yet? Save 13% off here and get everything you need for your business.
Build a Freelance Plan of Action12:01
Develop your freelance network21:26
Create a Simple Brand17:17
Analyze Your Market Value10:54
Determine Your Hourly Rate15:33
Estimate Your Time Commitment04:46
Hourly vs. Project Rate14:19
When To Raise Your Rate03:17
Negotiate Value with a Target Number03:53
When to say Yes and No to a Project10:15
94% of students recommend this class.
See what some of them have to say.
Entrepreneurs, freelancers, and hustlers listen up! Don't miss out on the valuable information presented in this course. Andrew's insight is based on a tried and true method that has worked for many individuals. He applies the same expertise to this course, offering clear ideas and guidelines that are both effective and realistic. This class resolved many of the questions I've had as an entrepreneur and has given me practical tools to recognize my financial value, work more efficiently, and realize my dreams. Thank you Creative Live and Andrew for this life changing course!
I purchased this course because of the wealth of information that Andrew provided regarding pricing one's freelance services. I would recommend this course to others who aren't entirely confident, or certain, how to price themselves. Even if they're in the beginning stages of a freelance career. The workbook is really helpful too. I find that writing these things down helps me to remember to get them done.
Great class. I really enjoyed it. I loved his down to earth, of course you can do this approach. Thank you! And, I highly recommend it.
Similar classes you might like
You know who’d love this class...?
When gift-spiration strikes, grab it. Give this class to a friend who’d love it. For their birthday or just because. (Or just because you missed their birthday.)