Rethink What You Sell and Who You Serve
with Tara-Nicholle Nelson
Log in or Sign up for FREE and get full access to these and thousands of other Open Lessons in our catalog! Watch 2 Lessons For Free
01 Class Introduction09:06
03 Rethink What You Sell23:12
Class duration: 1h 7mSee all 4 lessons
About The Class
Overcome Disengagement and Begin a Love Affair With Your Customers
Whether you’re in packaged goods, apparel, food or digital, your dirty little secret is that your customers are most likely disengaged. So what can you do? Buy new customers? Sure, but you can’t buy their engagement. There’s no amount of advertising trickery that can make people return to your site over and over again, use your app every day, make repeat purchases or spread the word about your product.
But take heart! There are businesses out there that have come up with a new, insight-driven path beyond the tired old story of begging customers for a few seconds of their valuable attention. Brands like REI, Slack and Airbnb have figured out how to engage in lifelong, two-way love affairs with their customers, while the rest of the marketplace struggles.
In this course, you’ll learn how to become one of those companies by:
- Shifting your R&D, product development, digital and content marketing focus from the product you sell to the people you serve.
- Understanding what your customers want and need and where to reach and engage them.
- Conducting competitive analysis that sparks innovation, avoids “me-too” product development, bulletproofs your business from disruption by upstarts and optimizes for employee engagement.
- Selling a transformation rather than a product.
- Realizing that your competition isn’t other companies, but rather obstacles on your customers’ journeys.
- Focusing on your customers and their problems.
Your Call to Adventure07:44
Rethink What You Sell23:12
Rethink Your Competition27:29
Tara-Nicholle Nelson is the author of The Transformational Consumer: Fuel a Lifelong Love Affair With Customers by Helping Them Get Healthier, Wealthier and Wiser. ... read moreSee instructor's Classes
Similar classes you might like
You know who’d love this class...?
When gift-spiration strikes, grab it. Give this class to a friend who’d love it. For their birthday or just because. (Or just because you missed their birthday.)