It Doesn't Have to Be Crazy at Work
with Chase Jarvis and Jason Fried
Log in or Sign up for FREE and get full access to these and thousands of other Open Lessons in our catalog! Already watched the trailer? We've still got you covered with thousands of other Open Lessons in our catalog!
Class duration: 1h 49mSee all 1 lesson
About The Class
There's a common misconception that artists have a monopoly on creativity… But the very act of making waves - no matter the career - is a creative one. The Chase Jarvis LIVE Show is an exploration of creativity, self-discovery, entrepreneurship, hard-earned lessons, and so much more. Chase sits down with the world's top creators, entrepreneurs, and thought leaders and unpacks actionable, valuable insights to help you live your dreams in career, hobby, and life.
ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
In this episode we talk about his latest book (co-authored with previous cjLIVE podcast guest David Heinemeier Hansson!) called It Doesn’t Have to be Crazy at Work, which lays out a play-by-play on how to avoid all exhaustion, stress, and burnout and how to find tools for reshaping success, habits, trust, self-care, and gaining that much-needed fresh perspective.
- How hard work and hours are not the same things. In fact, long hours not only leads to burn out but to lack of new ideas AND disease.
- Why instant communication (slack, messenger, text, etc) is making us slaves to our devices, less effective, and spending more time on the conveyor belt of information consumption than doing any real work!
- Some insights and strategies for regaining control over our screen time, our sleep patterns, and where we put our attention.
- A re-framing of our always-busy culture around the JOYS of missing out. Not FOMO…we’re talking JOMO.
- Why regaining control of our time starts with learning how to say no.
- …and that’s all in the first 10 minutes. Just kidding but you get the point. This episode of the podcast is chock full of inspired virtues for reclaiming our spirit, doing GREAT work and loving life in the process.
Jason Fried is the brilliant NYT best-selling author and co-founder of the software firm, Basecamp. Since long before meeting Jason in person he’s always caught my eye as perhaps THE outspoken thinker/critic of the current status of work, our unhealthy habits around our jobs, and our addictions to busy-making. Whether it’s the toxic hustle, the grow-at-all-cost mentality, or the idea of working your fingers to the bone…Jason helps us all see why 99% of this approach is rubbish. And within 3 minutes of meeting him / listening to this episode, I’m banking you’ll be in agreement with him.
It Doesn't Have to Be Crazy at Work with Jason Fried1:49:02
Chase Jarvis is a well known photographer and entrepreneur. As a photographic master, he is regularly cited as one of the most influential photographers of the past decade, having won numerous awards from Prix de la Photographie de Paris, The Addys, The Lions, Digiday, The Advertising Photographers of America, and The International Photography Awards among many others. ... read moreSee instructor's Classes
Similar classes you might like
You know who’d love this class...?
When gift-spiration strikes, grab it. Give this class to a friend who’d love it. For their birthday or just because. (Or just because you missed their birthday.)