How to Secure Your Digital Life
with Marc Goodman
Log in or Sign up for FREE and get full access to these and thousands of other Open Lessons in our catalog! Watch 2 Lessons For Free
01 Class Introduction12:04
04 The #1 Online Security Habit That Changes Everything17:12
Class duration: 3h 33mSee all 18 lessons
About The Class
In One Day, Learn to Protect Yourself, Your Family and Your Money Online
Are you ready for a proven, insanely simple plan to lock down your digital life, defend yourself against hackers and reduce your cyber risk by up to 85%? How to Secure Your Digital Life is a one-day program that has helped tens of thousands of people and can help you finally achieve peace of mind for all your online activities and digital life. With cyber attacks at an all-time high—and rising every day—you owe it to yourself and your family to learn the critical art of cyber self-defense. If you don’t protect yourself, who will?
Did you know...
• Everyday malicious hackers around the world release nearly 1 million new malware threats.
• Antivirus software only catches 5% of new threats targeting your computer.
• Identity theft strikes a new victim every two seconds in the United States, and children are more than 50 times more likely to suffer identity theft than adults.
• The average American has over 130 online accounts today; a number predicted to rise to over 200 by 2020.
• Ransomware attacks were up 250% in 2017 and are expected to cause nearly 12 billion dollars in damage by 2019.
• Nearly 600,000 Facebook accounts are hacked on a daily basis.
• According to IBM Security, 95% of data breaches can be traced back to human error.
Technology companies, app makers, and social media firms are vacuuming up every scrap of private data they can, including your location, personal photos, dating habits and entire browsing history. They can even remotely activate your phone’s camera or microphone—all without your knowledge. All of this personal data can be used against you, to determine whether you are offered that next job, promotion, car loan, or mortgage.
Today’s hackers, organized criminals, fraudsters, online predators and cyber bullies are threatening you, your family and your money on a daily basis. Don’t be an easy target, learn how to fight back. You may have heard privacy is dead and there is nothing you can do to protect yourself. This is not true. Companies and criminals alike want you to think that—don’t fall for it.
Small steps can make a huge difference in your personal and professional cybersecurity, and we’ll show you all the insider tips and secrets you need. There’s no such thing as perfect security, but after this class, you can be vastly more protected and secure than you are today and Marc Goodman, the cyber security expert, who has helped tens of thousands of people protect themselves and take charge of their digital lives, is the guy to teach it to you.
Marc is the author of Future Crimes: Everything is Connected, Everyone is Vulnerable and What We Can Do About It. Future Crimes is a New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestseller and was Amazon’s Best Business Book of the Year. Marc has an extensive background in global security and law enforcement, including work as a street police officer, undercover investigator and senior advisor to INTERPOL and the US Government. His pioneering work on cybercrime investigation has been featured on CNN, NPR, Larry King, PBS, the Tim Ferriss Podcast, and TED.
In this pioneering course on How to Secure Your Digital Life, Marc shares with you the secrets to protecting yourself online and how to use the very best of the technological tools we depend on for our modern lives. You’ll learn the basics of cyber self-defense and quick, specific actionable steps to improve your privacy, security, and safety in the online world.
In this class you will learn:
• How to reduce your cyber risk by up to 85% or more.
• The #1 online security habit that changes everything
• Why experts who tell you privacy is dead are dead-wrong
• How to finally master and organize all your passwords in a simple easy to manage system
• Why you need to avoid using dangerous “administrator accounts” and how you are using them without even knowing about it
• How to use a Virtual Private Network to secure your connections when traveling, at the local coffee shop or home
• How to protect yourself and your children from identity thieves and scammers eager to take your hard-earned money
• About the rarely used, totally free tool that can make it nearly impossible to hack your online accounts
• How to protect yourself from the exponentially growing ransomware threat and how to prevent hackers from destroying all of your emails, photos, videos, and sensitive documents
• How to lock down your mobile phones against hackers, theft, and spyware
Whether you are a complete cybersecurity beginner or an experienced user, his class is made for anybody who uses the Internet, a computer or mobile phone and will cover Windows, Mac, iPhones, and Android devices. What you don’t know about Internet safety and security can harm you, your family and cost you your life savings. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from a global cybercrime expert how to protect yourself and your digital future. This comprehensive, easy to understand, fun and the engaging course will crush your cybersecurity doubts. Defend yourself once and for all. Now’s the perfect time to take the next step to a safer, more secure digital future.
Stalkers, Bullies & Hackers04:44
The Biggest Lie About Cybersecurity & The Power of Self-Defense07:10
The #1 Online Security Habit That Changes Everything17:12
Passwords & Locking Down Your Accounts25:09
Keeping Bad Guys Out of Your Digital Life12:25
Protecting the Super Computer in Your Pocket14:03
Avoiding Download Disasters06:45
Why Administrator Accounts Are a Terrible Idea07:59
Why Less Is More: Tune In and Turn Off06:36
The Magical Power of Encryption12:38
Traveling Safely With Your Tech10:10
Defense Against the Rising Ransomware Threat08:50
You Need A Back-Up Plan: STAT06:00
The Art of Digital Self Defense18:57
Home Hacked Home11:29
Your Purpose Focused Digital Protection Plan08:19
Other Tools and Tricks of the Trade22:35
Marc Goodman is a New York Times Best-Selling author, global strategist and consultant focused on the profound change technology is having on security, business and international affairs. He is the founder of the Future Crimes Institute and currently serves as the Chair for Policy, Law and Ethics at Silicon Valley’s Singularity University. ... read moreSee instructor's Classes
Adobe Stock Get Started Download
Your Purpose Focused Digital Protection Plan
100% of students recommend this class.
See what some of them have to say.
Marc's class provides an excellent road map for making your online life safer. He provides clear examples and great resources that makes it easy to implement better personal security against identity theft and all manner of online scams. He's funny and engaging, and extremely encouraging. It was easy to go home and implement his plan. It also gave me the tools I needed to help my elderly mother safeguard her online presence as well. Great class, I highly recommend it.
Marc not only is a true and leading expert in cyber security, he also has a great way of teaching through a mix of compelling story telling and concrete "to-do's". The class is both compelling and extremely useful. I cant believe that this is not a required course at every high school and university. These are the real life skills we all need and Marc makes the complicated accessible. Great teacher, great class! I highly recommend it!
Great course! This has given me so many tools to be able to better secure my digital life. I am eager to start implementing this info. Marc went over a serious amount of material in a one day class. It would be great if he does more classes at creative live. Thank you so much. I just turned on auto updates for my laptop operating system software!
Similar classes you might like
You know who’d love this class...?
When gift-spiration strikes, grab it. Give this class to a friend who’d love it. For their birthday or just because. (Or just because you missed their birthday.)