How to Write Captivating Commercials and Promos
with Melissa Cassera
Log in or Sign up for FREE and get full access to these and thousands of other Open Lessons in our catalog! Watch 1 Lesson For Free
01 Class Introduction07:39
Class duration: 1h 41mSee all 11 lessons
About The Class
Create Ads That Look Madison Avenue but Are Really DIY
Commercials, teasers and promos are a great way to publicize your business. But taking on the task of creating advertising that looks professional and grabs people’s attention can be intimidating. The last thing you want to do is put out ads that are amateurish or tacky.
The good news is you don’t have to hire an expensive agency to create compelling commercials. This class will walk you through all the steps of how to do it yourself, from coming up with a clever concept to producing your ad on a tight budget.
As a brand and marketing consultant for businesses and a successful writer for movies and TV, instructor Melissa Cassera will show you how to use screenwriting tools and techniques to develop dynamic, award-worthy promos that drive sales and win clients.
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Understand visual engagement and why it’s important to show, not tell.
- Create an effective hook so your audience will pay attention and remember your ad.
- Add emotion to your commercial so it stands out from the rest.
- Develop a commercial brief.
- Avoid using clichés and go for the unexpected instead.
- Strike the right balance between entertainment and sales pitch.
- Write an awesome tagline.
- Master the art of the tease to add an air of mystery without being confusing.
- Incorporate audience involvement to increase engagement.
Creating Your Promo Brief28:58
Create an Unexpected Promo Concept05:59
Strike a Balance Between Entertainment & Sales10:55
Hook Your Audience05:58
Strategies for “Showing” Instead of “Telling”04:08
The Commercial Script11:36
Mastering the Art of the “Tease”03:29
Incorporate Audience Involvement Into Your Promos04:40
Test Your Promos with Table Reads04:50
Self-Produce vs. Outsource12:48
Melissa Cassera - Creative Brief Outline
0% of students recommend this class.
See what some of them have to say.
just skip it
Similar classes you might like
You know who’d love this class...?
When gift-spiration strikes, grab it. Give this class to a friend who’d love it. For their birthday or just because. (Or just because you missed their birthday.)