"This is an incredibly helpful class for anyone who feels intimidated by all the "giants" in the land of art, and wonders if it's really worth keeping trying to make money from their talent. Lisa breaks everything down into manageable steps, while not dumbing things down. Her manner is very approachable, so that you can imagine yourself doing what she does. Her generous spirit means too that she is sharing really useful stuff - not just some fluff, and keeping all the good ideas for herself!"
- Janet and Craig Mathewson (CreativeLive Students)
An enthusiastic audience that appreciates your art is waiting for you. Join Lisa Congdon, illustrator, artist, and author of Art, Inc. for Become a Working Artist and learn everything you need to know to make a living as a fine or commercial artist.
In this class, you will find out exactly what it takes to break into the art world and reach new, diverse audiences. Lisa will show you how to:
Every artist faces rejection and setbacks on the road to finding an appreciative and paying audience. Become a Working Artist will teach you how to navigate the inevitable disappointments and push through to build a vibrant, rewarding career in art.Making money as an artist doesn’t have to be far-fetched dream, Lisa Congdon will show you how to make it a reality.
- Identify the characteristics that make your style unique
- Map out the vision and goals that will drive your artistic career
- Navigate the fine art market and break in to it
- Land and negotiate art licensing deals
- Develop effective techniques for promoting your work