- [Jim] Recently, Adobe has completely revamped Dreamweaver. And we have Melissa Piccone in the house, an Adobe Certified Instructor, to teach you and take you through Dreamweaver from A to Z. Without any further ado, let's bring on Melissa. Thanks. - [Melissa] Thanks, Jim. All right, I'm going to talk a little bit about what we're going to do today. So, we're going to create two websites from start to finish, and we're also going to...I'm going to talk about web design best practices while we create those websites. And by the end of the class, I want you to be able to understand HTML, CSS, and Dreamweaver, of course. And we are going to take a Dreamweaver Bootstrap template that's already pre-made and we're going to customize that. And in this class, you're going to learn HTML, CSS, and troubleshooting. You are probably a small business owner or individual and you need an online presence. Just something simple, a simple one-page website just to get your name out there that you can cre...
ate and maintain yourself. Your challenge is that you have no budget. You can't afford to hire someone else. You don't know the first thing about web design or maybe you only know a little bit about web design. And you don't want to have to rely on someone else to create and make updates to your webpage. So, the fix is this class. By the end of the workshop, you'll have basic understanding of HTML and CSS. You will know how to use Dreamweaver and the Dreamweaver CSS designer to visually design and create CSS, so you don't have to hand code it. You'll be able to modify a pre-made Bootstrap template in Dreamweaver and you'll be able to create a responsive web design. And you'll know what a responsive web design is because we're going to talk about that. So, that will look good on any screen, and you're in good hands. So, not knowing how to create your own website leaves you at the mercy of others, meaning their time, your money, and you have to rely on someone else when they're available and pay them to do that. So, my name is Melissa Piccone and I'm an Adobe Certified Instructor. I'm also an Adobe Community Professional. I've been teaching for eight years full-time. I've been teaching longer than that, but not full-time, which I love. And before that, I owned a web design business for 10 years. I've been hand coding HTML since 1995, but I was only 10 back then. Okay. So, let's get started, okay? Some of these other slides, I'll keep popping this one back up for you. These are websites that I'm going to reference. A couple of these we're going to go to, but I'll reference them throughout the class. And this is my contact information, so if you guys are looking for me anywhere, that's where you can find me online.
Adobe recently announced significant changes to Dreamweaver, offering a brilliant new interface making websites easier to build–and more beautiful than ever before. Empowering non-technical users to build a website, this class you will teach you how to create a basic brochure-style website using Adobe Dreamweaver.
Adobe Certified Instructor Melissa Piccone shows you how to:
Join us for this helpful class that will give you the tools you need to have your website up and running.
- Create a website from start to finish
- Apply web design best practices
- Understand Dreamweaver basics
- Customize Adobe Stock Templates
- Identify basic code to help troubleshoot
Software Used: Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017