Understanding Floats and Clearing
- [Melissa] We added 15 pixels of padding on h1s, h2s, and paragraphs. And we can see that happening in there, but you'll notice that there's a little bit of text at the top in the nav, and there's a little bit of text in the header section that it's not doing that because it's not in the paragraph. So that's why that's not happening in the footer as well. So that text has not been formatted and that's okay because we're going to take care of all that stuff now. So I'm going to jump back into Dreamweaver. The first thing I want to do actually is I want to talk about floating and clearing. So that aside, the area that says this is a header, that's supposed to be on the left side. So we want it to be on the left side. So we need to create some CSS to make that happen, and I'm going to go ahead and I'm going to do that in my aside. So in my CSS Designer, I'm going to click on aside to select it. I have my properties on the right. Inside of my properties, I'm going to set the width, this i...
Adobe recently announced significant changes to Dreamweaver, offering a brilliant new interface making websites easier to build–and more beautiful than ever before. Empowering non-technical users to build a website, this class you will teach you how to create a basic brochure-style website using Adobe Dreamweaver.
Adobe Certified Instructor Melissa Piccone shows you how to:
Join us for this helpful class that will give you the tools you need to have your website up and running.
- Create a website from start to finish
- Apply web design best practices
- Understand Dreamweaver basics
- Customize Adobe Stock Templates
- Identify basic code to help troubleshoot
Software Used: Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017