When starting out in Sports Photography it’s difficult to begin finding your creative style. Going out and practicing with friends or local athletes is the best way to start building your portfolio. But what happens when you want to take your images to the next level?
Join Red Bull Photographer Dustin Snipes, as he takes you on a journey through the creative process behind photographing 3 sports at 5 locations with 5 athletes. He'll be working with students to show the best ways to communicate and inspire the athletes he's photographing, as well as how to maximize time spent with them. Dustin takes students through the challenges of photographing in direct sunlight, at public locations, in parks with mixed light, and in water.
- How to photograph basketball athletes, triathletes, and a fencer
- The pros and cons to working outside in direct sunlight
- How to communicate with and work with professional athletes and non-pros
- Working through unique challenges of on-location shoots
- Lighting techniques to capture the athlete
- On-location portraits
- Freeze motion and capture water to get that hero shot
- How to use motion blur to capture a moving bicycle
- The importance of being flexible on location to maximize your surroundings
Do you dream of taking professional athlete’s portraits? Do you want to have your images on the covers of magazines? Then join Dustin Snipes as he teaches you his secrets to maximizing locations in short periods of time, communicating with athletes to get the most out of their movements, and lighting a scene to capture the frame you want.