It's common for a crafter to get inspired and pour time and money into launching a creative business idea that they “just know” will be a hit only to discover that there isn’t much of a market for the business they envisioned. But it doesn’t have to be that way – there are specific actions you can take to ensure even the most creative endeavor makes money right away and doesn’t flop.
How to Make a Living Selling What You Make is your complete guide to building a thriving handmade business. Megan Auman is a maker and educator who has built a multi-faceted business around her passion for great design. Her jewelry line is sold in stores across the US and in this bootcamp she’ll teach you the recipe to her success.
You'll learn how to:
This course includes a comprehensive workbook with exercises and activities designed to propel you through the lessons and position your business for sustainable success.
- Generate revenue from the beginning while balancing longer-term growth
- Find the best and worst revenue streams for your products
- Set targets, create profitable pricing, and evaluate market demand
- Deepen your product line and build your brand
- Grow your email list and use social media for long-term growth
- Develop production strategies as you start creating more product
Megan will help you develop your business idea so you don’t waste time and money on projects that don’t pencil. She’ll also share insights on what to do once your business is up and running. She’ll coach you through best practices for hiring, outsourcing, and planning for the long haul. You’ll walk away confident that you can develop and stick with a business plan that won’t have you tied to a day job or pouring money into a project that doesn’t pay. How to Make a Living Selling What You Make will set you up to earn a serious income by doing what you love.