If you’re new to studio photography, or even if you’ve been doing indoor shoots for a while, studio lighting can be a real challenge. The sheer amount of gear required and the inherent complexity of the equipment mean that there are always lots of variables—and lots of ways to make mistakes!
This weekend-long course taught by renowned music, editorial and advertising photographer Zach Arias breaks down the technicalities of studio lighting into manageable chunks so you can get a handle on what you need to do in almost any studio situation.
Zach will cover a wide variety of topics, from how to build a studio to shutter and aperture settings to posing groups. By the end of this in-depth course, you’ll have the skills to tackle any type of indoor shoot, whether it’s in a huge warehouse or your spare bedroom.
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Build your studio and buy the right gear for the right price.
- Create and shoot on a white seamless backdrop.
- Set your ISO, shutter speed and aperture.
- Understand depth of field and shooting groups.
- Do head shots with a beauty dish.
- Use all sorts of flashes, including strobes and hot shoe flashes, as well as modifiers.
- Handle multiple shoots at once.