AFTER THIS CLASS YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
Organize your stories so they’re ready for the screen.
Write the screenplay you have always wanted to write.
Write strong story treatments that capture the attention of readers and executives.
Use a structured writing process that is productive, efficient, and deeply meaningful.
Watch movies and TV like you’ve never seen them before!
ABOUT JULIO'S CLASS:
You have a great idea, but you’re not entirely sure where to start or how best to take it from napkin and notes to full-fledged screenplay. The process can be large and daunting without a structure in place to guide the way. Maybe you’re a writer looking for more clarity about structure. Or a writer who wants to move into film. Or even a director who wants to see the process from the perspective of a writer. This class is here to help.
Start your screenwriting journey with writer/director Julio Vincent Gambuto. Julio is a writer for film and television and a feature film director. He’s created content for Nickelodeon, PBS, E! Entertainment, and James Franco’s Rabbit Bandini. His latest project, Team Marco, is a family film, recently released by Samuel Goldwyn Films.
In this key foundational course, you’ll learn the fundamentals of the screenwriting craft, including story design, story structure, and a smart step-by-step process to keep your writing exciting and productive. By the end, you’ll write stories that can capture the attention of audiences and the business alike.
- How to identify your purpose as a writer and how to infuse your story with your specific message and voice.
- What about “story design” and how to tell your stories with punch and passion.
- The ten fundamentals of story design and how to use them.
- Story structure and how acts break down for the screen.
- How to architect the audience’s emotional journey.
- The seed-to-script process — an efficient, smart workflow to keep you productive.
WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR:
- People who want to learn how to write movies and TV shows.
- Writers who want to understand the fundamentals of craft for the screen.
- Beginning screenwriters who want to root their work in a strong story technique.
- Filmmakers who want to better understand story design and development.
- Storytellers in all media who want to cross over to film and TV.
- Creative people who want insights into the world of film and TV.
Meet Julio (“Giulio”). The son of a bus-driver-slash-bread-baker, Julio grew up in a large Italian family in the boroughs of New York City. His feature film, Team Marco, was released November 20 by Samuel Goldwyn Films. He is currently developing the feature family comedy, The Julie Stories. In 2017, Julio founded Boro Five, an independent film and television content production company. He serves as Executive Producer of the company’s slate. Julio has written and produced film and television content for Samuel Goldwyn, Kerner Entertainment, Nickelodeon, PBS, E! Entertainment, Stone & Company Television, and James Franco’s Rabbit Bandini.