How to Create and Deliver an Impactful Presentation
with Matt Stevenson
Log in or Sign up for FREE and get full access to these and thousands of other Open Lessons in our catalog! Watch 2 Lessons For Free
01 Class Introduction04:44
02 Course Walkthrough and Philosophy03:59
About The Class
Ready, Set, Go...Presenting Under Pressure
The stakes are high. Time is short. You’re up next.
Scenarios like this can make even the most seasoned speaker sweat. Is it possible to create meaningful, mind-changing presentations that actually accomplish goals with little to no preparation? Can you make a visual impact while still being on a “slide budget”? Can you turn a tight-timeline situation into a critical success without sacrificing quality?
Yes! You can do it with this class under your belt!
In this class we’ll spell out the exact steps to quickly craft a great presentation while under the worst of circumstances. No resources? No problem. You’ll learn and master the following steps with real life practical applications...
- Prepare (Get ready!)
- Just the Facts: Learn to quickly gather the exact meta-info required to set your mind at ease and why it matters to ask questions
- The Gathering: Learn to identify the key content ingredients you’ll need upfront
- Mighty Minimalism: Master the art of simple slide design, regardless of your design background or your chosen presentation program
- Prioritize (Get set!)
- Distraction Triage: Learn how to keep their sights on your goal
- Cut the Fat: Find out what content is worth keeping and what needs to go
- Touch-ups: Fix tricky visual issues and make even your edits show-stopping
- Present (GO!)
- Space Master: Find out how to deal with various presentation setting and audiences
- Jedi Mind Tricks: Learn to read your audience and pivot on the fly
- Do’s and Don’t: It can actually be okay to read off of a slide, but always be allergic to bullet points. Learn the nuances of presenting under pressure.
Course Walkthrough and Philosophy03:59
Ready, Set, Go! (Green, Yellow, & Red Scenarios)07:00
Production Presentation Scenarios08:33
Set the Stage16:04
Jedi Mind Tricks09:06
Recap of Presentation Scenarios12:28
Matt lives to tell stories. He believes that behind every behavior lies an archetype, a hero or villain, and an epic tale waiting to be told. Matt began his career by infiltrating advertising circles in Washington, DC, quickly rising to lead large creative teams on multi-dimensional engagements. ... read moreSee instructor's Classes
100% of students recommend this class.
See what some of them have to say.
Found this course concise and informative. Would recommend to all who have to do presentations.
Similar classes you might like
You know who’d love this class...?
When gift-spiration strikes, grab it. Give this class to a friend who’d love it. For their birthday or just because. (Or just because you missed their birthday.)