Understanding Color in Adobe Illustrator
with Jason Hoppe
Log in or Sign up for FREE and get full access to these and thousands of other Open Lessons in our catalog! Watch 1 Lesson For Free
01 Understand Color Panels12:24
Class duration: 1h 14mSee all 7 lessons
About The Class
Demystify all your color options
Even the most seasoned Adobe® Illustrator® users don’t know all the available color features, or how to use them. This class will clarify all the options for working with color, so you can take full control of your designs and work efficiently. Adobe certified instructor Jason Hoppe will show you how to use the right tools for picking palettes and creating harmonious color combinations.
- Global and non-global colors and when/why to use them
- Understanding color panels, how to create tints, and colors harmonies
- The most efficient ways to create usable (and universal) color swatches for use in other Adobe applications
- Creating a custom color panel to replace the default list of color swatches
- Accessing all of Illustrator built-in color libraries
- Making sense of the Color Panel, Color Theme Panel, Color Guide Panel and Swatches Panel
- >Adding colors to the Swatches Panel based on existing artwork
Software Used: Adobe Illustrator CC 2017
Understand Color Panels12:24
Global & Non-global Colors08:55
How to Use the Color Guide Panel08:43
Add Custom Color Swatch to New Projects15:09
Web Based Adobe Color Themes12:03
Create Preset Color Swatches08:13
Tips for Fill & Stroke Color Options08:48
An Adobe® Certified Expert and Adobe® Certified Instructor, Jason Hoppe has accrued more than 17 years’ experience in high-end production training, photo retouching, color correction, and creative workflow management. In fact, Jason has been performing high-end electronic production since the ... read moreSee instructor's Classes
100% of students recommend this class.
See what some of them have to say.
Jason continues to astound me with how he uses Illustrator. Loads of time saving tips for the seasoned AI user. Beginners are fortunate enough to have these tips before you've spent hours and hours on projects. Wish I had you years ago Jason. You're a treasure. Is this course worth the money? ABSOLUTELY.
Similar classes you might like
You know who’d love this class...?
When gift-spiration strikes, grab it. Give this class to a friend who’d love it. For their birthday or just because. (Or just because you missed their birthday.)