Adobe Muse Fundamentals
with Brian Wood
Log in or Sign up for FREE and get full access to these and thousands of other Open Lessons in our catalog! Watch 2 Lessons For Free
01 Class Introduction03:46
10 Apply Effects05:19
Class duration: 3h 55mSee all 17 lessons
About The Class
Take a deep dive into creating a responsive website—without writing code—with this complete step-by-step walkthrough of Adobe® Muse®. You'll walk away with a solid foundation for building a responsive website and see how easy it is to create a truly unique, expressive responsive website.
Join author, speaker, and web developer Brian Wood as you create a unique responsive website from start to finish, in Adobe Muse.
In this Fundamentals class Brian will show you:
- A typical web workflow, from start to finish
- Best practices for setting up your fully responsive website and add pages
- How to set up and work with master pages (and understand why you want to)
- Adding master content like page navigation, logo, and more
- How to ensure that your design content works across all screen sizes using responsive features
- Best practices for adding image and graphics to your pages
- How to add and style text using styles and fonts like Typekit and self-hosted
- A deep dive into the powerful widgets available to you, including slideshows, adding a map, and much more
- How to work smarter with your site content using CC Libraries
- Add a form for collecting basic user information
- Incorporate social content like a twitter follow and more
- Best methods for Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- The different methods for sharing a trial site, and publishing your project for the world to see.
Adobe Muse CC 2018
What Muse Can Do03:30
Getting Started with your Document22:18
Adding Master Page Elements16:23
Organize Content with Layers04:23
Introduction to Responsive Design18:19
Adding Images and Working with the Asset Panel27:22
Adding Text and Creating Styles21:01
Advanced Text Styling11:25
Adding a Button and Working with States09:20
The Power of Widgets17:29
Adding and Formatting a Contact Form20:46
Leveraging the CC Libraries Panel10:31
Adding HTML Content05:11
Final Testing and Publishing11:12
100% of students recommend this class.
See what some of them have to say.
This is part 2 of a 3 part course covering basics, fundamentals and some advanced properties. The three programs combined make a complete course in Adobe Muse. I am very pleased someone finally made a decent and complete course in how to use use Muse. As a photographer who has fairly simple needs for for building and maintaining a website, I needed something much less complicated than Dreamweaver. Brian Wood does an excellent job as he usually does. He is very detail oriented and he speaks technically to most operations within a program. He does work a little too hard at dumbing it down, but he is much better than those that skip over the details or those ewho don't even know the details. If you want to learn Muse, I highly recommend this course, in fact, all three parts.
Similar classes you might like
You know who’d love this class...?
When gift-spiration strikes, grab it. Give this class to a friend who’d love it. For their birthday or just because. (Or just because you missed their birthday.)