Unleash Your Creative Superpowers with National Novel Writing Month
Everyone’s got a book in them. NaNoWriMo is all about getting that book out. If something has been holding you back from writing your novel—whether it be lack of time, lack of motivation, or just plain fear—National Novel Writing Month is designed to get your creative juices flowing and help you leap into your novel with abandon.
One part writing boot camp and one part rollicking party, National Novel Writing Month is celebrating its 20th year of encouraging creativity, education, and the power of the imagination through the largest writing event in the world. This year, NaNoWriMo expects more than 400,000 people will start a 50,000-word novel in the month of November.
CreativeLive is joining NaNoWriMo in celebrating diverse voices and encouraging everyone to tell their stories. So we’re kicking off the month with an inspiring week of writing classes and conversations with some of the world’s most successful authors, who will inspire you and help you prepare for an amazing month of writing.
Special LIVE Prep Week Events with Q&A:
Jennie Nash coaches you to success with executive director of National Writing Month, Grant Faulkner.
Listen as two best selling authors, Sophie Littlefield & Rachael Herron, sit down and talk NaNoWriMo writing strategy to help you get it done!
Grant chats with poet, spoken word artist and Uptown Thief author Aya de Leon.
The week will feature:
- Grant Faulkner – Executive Director of NaNoWrimo
- Andrea Askowitz – Writer and Host of the “Writing Class Radio” Podcast
- Jennie Nash – Author and CEO of Author Accelerator
- Lisa Cron – Book Coach and Author of Story Genius
- Sophie Littlefield – Celebrated Author of 16 Novels
- Aya de Leon – Acclaimed writer of prose and poetry.
- Rachael Herron – Bestselling author of the novel The Ones Who Matter Most
- Michelle Tea – Author of over ten works of fiction and memoir.
- Celeste Ng – Award-winning writer of Everything I Never Told You
- Margaret Atwood – Author of The Handmaid’s Tale
- Imbolo Mbue – Author of the New York Timesbestseller, Beholder of Dreams
- Gretchen Rubin – Four-time New York Times bestselling author, including The Four Tendencies
- Mayim Bialik – Actress and Bestselling author
- Nicola Yoon – Author ofEverything, Everything, a New York Times best seller
- John Grisham – Bestselling author
- Alan Alda – Actor, director, screenwriter, comedian and author
- Marie Lu – #1 New York Timesbestselling author of the Legend
- Dave Ursillo – Writer, author, yoga teacher