LIVE ACCESS Passholder Experience
PHOTOWEEK 2017 | SEATTLE, WA
Attend the event in person — get the LIVE ACCESS Passholder Experience! What is this!? Get the details below
Join us in Seattle October 9 – 13 to watch Photo Week in person, LIVE, in the CreativeLive Studios
You understand that you are submitting an application for admittance as a Live Access Passholder. Successful applicants will receive a confirmation email and survey. If your application is not approved, you will receive a full refund.
YOUR LIVE ACCESS PASS APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTEDYou will receive a final confirmation within the next business day. Get ready for Photo Week!
LIVE ACCESS PASS OPTIONS
- Lighting, Posing, Shooting Groups
- Posing, Styling & Lighting for Beauty Photography
- Creating a Portfolio that works
- Quick Start to Film Photography
- How to Develope and Market Your Brand
- Portrait Retrouching Basicss
- Composite Photography Basics
- Color Theory for Photographers
- Post-Processing Workflow for Portraits and Landscapes
- Natural Light Basics
- Posing, Compositions and Natural Light
- A Photographer's Guide to Marketing
- One-Light Portrait Photography
- Architectural Photography: Interiorts with Natural Light
- Finding and Winning Commercial Clients
- Photographing Athletic Portraits
- Fundamentals for Great Prints
- Color Management for Better Prints
- Travel Photography: Creative Storytelling (Prerecorded exclusive content*)
- Travel Photography: Capturing Scenic Views & Skylines
- Local Dodging & Burning for Beauty Retouching
- Composition- Beyond the Rule of Thirds
- One Light Reflector
- How to Use Content to Market your Business
- Photographing Flattering Skin Tones
- Darkness in an Urban Environment: Managing light on the Streets
- Lifestyle Family Photography: Posing and Direction
- How to Create your own Backdrops
- Business Headshots and Portraits
- Lighting & Posing for a Cinematic Portrait
- Releases, Contracts & Waivers
- Intellectual Property 101
- Creating Impact with Color Gels
- The Art of Body Language in Portraiture
- What is Takes to be a Professional Photographer
- Capturing Action in the Studio
- Lighting for Still Life & Product Photography
- Building a Successful Photography Business in a Small Market
- Tethering: Why its Important and Why You Should Do it
- Introduction to Macro Photography
WHAT YOU GET
With our 2017 Photo Week LIVE ACCESS Passholder Experience, we bring you along for the ride and invite you into our most exclusive opportunity yet. Jam packed with classes curated to get your business started or revitalized, these 5 career changing and inspirational days give you the opportunity to sit front row as our elite roster of instructors lay down the techniques, tools, and insights you can apply to your own career.
What You Get With the LIVE ACCESS PASS:
- The entire Photo Week bundle for download, which includes 40 classes, as well as all 4 keynote events.
- FREE reserved seating in all of our exclusive Keynote Events with some of the most influential photographers in the industry like Benjamin Von Wong and Stacy Pearsall.
- Guaranteed spot in the audience for 20 of the 40 expert photo classes, taught by instructors like Lindsay Adler, Brooke Shaden, Stacy Pearsall, Clay Cook, Julia Kelleher, Steve Hansen, and more! Please keep in mind that space is limited and while we can’t guarantee which classes you will be in, your schedule will be full of creative interest!
- Light breakfast and lunch every day in-studio.
- Opportunity to meet with one or more of the our expert instructors for a personalized portfolio review.
- Access to the private Photo Week LIVE ACCESS Passholder Facebook group where you’ll get news, instruction, directions, and behind-the-scenes information leading up to Photo Week, as well as a chance to get to know your other Passholders to make the experience even more awesome.
Space is limited — only 40 students will be able to participate in this exclusive industry event!
What’s Not Included in Your LIVE ACCESS Passholder Experience:
- Airfare to Seattle for Photo Week
- Food, other than our in-studio breakfast, lunch, and snacks included in our after-hours events
- Transportation to and from venues or hotels
Questions? Please checkout all the LIVE ACCESS Passholder Experience FAQ’s below or send us a message a PhotoweekPassHolder@creativelive.com.
* The Photo Week LIVE ACCESS Passholder Experience is limited to 40 people, who are hand selected after they purchase and complete the passholder survey. The survey will be sent to purchasers within 1 business day of their purchase and must be completed within 48 hours of receipt. Once the Passholder Survey has been completed and received by CL, you will receive an email confirmation with further details about the LIVE ACCESS Passholder Experience. Must be 18 years or older and sign a Participant Agreement to participate. There are no cancellations or refunds after your LIVE ACCESS Passholder seat has been confirmed. The LIVE ACCESS Passholder Experience is transferable upon notice in writing to PhotoweekPassHolder@creativelive.com until September 9th, 2017 . After this date, the LIVE ACCESS Passholder Experience shall no longer be transferable. The LIVE ACCESS Passholder Experience will take place in Seattle, Washington from 10/9/2017 through 10/13/2017. You are responsible for your own flights, lodging, accommodations and transportation in addition to food/drinks not otherwise provided by CL. Passholder events and schedule are subject to change without notice.
Applicants who are able to commit to all 5 days of classes will be given preference. CreativeLive reserves the right to refuse entrance to this conference.
What is Photo Week 2017?
From October 9-13, we’re broadcasting 40 LIVE classes from Seattle - all taught by top-tier, expert photography instructors. This year, we are adding in daily Keynote Speaker sessions from today’s photography luminaries to inspire you to keep growing as a photographer.
Where and when is Photo Week 2017?
From October 9-13, we are broadcasting all classes from our Seattle studios. Mon-Fri productions start at 9:00am PT and end around 6:00 pm(PT) each day. We will update all Passholders with specific information as it becomes available.
What EXACTLY comes with the purchase of the LIVE ACCESS Passholder Experience?
- The entire Photo Week bundle for download, which includes all 40 classes, 5 critiques, as well as all 4 keynote events
- FREE Reserved seating in all of our exclusive Keynote Events with some of the most influential photographers in the industry like Benjamin Von Wong and Stacy Pearsall
- Guaranteed spot in the audience for 20 of the 40 expert photo classes, taught by instructors like, Lindsay Adler, Chris Knight Brooke Shaden, Clay Cook, Stacy Pearsall, Julia Kelleher, Steve Hansen, and more! Please keep in mind that space is limited and while we can’t guarantee which classes you will be in, your schedule will be full of creative interest!
- Light breakfast and lunch every day in-studio
- Opportunity to meet with one or more of the our expert instructors for a personalized portfolio review
- Exclusive access to our after hours Instructor Shoot Out event
- Access to the private Photo Week LIVE ACCESS Passholder Facebook group where you’ll get news, instruction, directions, and behind-the-scenes information leading up to Photo Week, as well as a chance to get to know the other Passholders to make the experience even more awesome.
What is the dress code?
As long as you are comfortable, we are happy. Please be sure to avoid attire with any inappropriate language or images, or any clothing with logos or artwork. We tend to run air conditioners, so please wear layers.
Is there and age minimum to attend?
Yes, you must be 18 years or older to attend Photo Week 2017 as part of the LIVE ACCESS Passholder Experience. Please also note that we may be serving alcohol, so attendees who are 21 or older should bring proper identification!
What do I need to bring each day?
Yourself, something the write on, extra layers of clothing and a positive attitude, ready to learn!
So, no cameras?   Excellent question - while you will not need your camera while participating in the audience, you will probably want to have it for behind the scenes photo ops and during other scheduled activities with instructors. Once registered as a Passholder, we will fill you in on all the details to make sure you understand what gear to bring.
No computers as well?   No, please leave your computer at home, you will not be needing them while in-studio as part of the LIVE ACCESS Passholder Experience.
TRAVEL & LODGING
Is airfare included?
No, you are responsible for all travel required to attend any Photo Week 2017 events.
Where do I stay while attending Photo Week 2017?
Upon your successful registration, we will contact you with the address of our studios so you can book your own accommodations.
Is there any sort of transportation service provided?
Unfortunately, no. As part of our LIVE ACCESS Passholder Experience, please utilize our logistical gurus at PhotoweekLiveAccess@creativelive.com for help in making travel plans. Please note that we are not associated with and make no endorsement for any other company, but we’ll do our best to help out where we can!
Is the venue wheelchair accessible?
Yes, the broadcasting venue is wheelchair accessible. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns (PhotoweekLiveAccess@creativelive.com).
SCHEDULE & MEALS
What is the schedule?
Please continue to check back for updates on our 2017 line-up of keynotes, speakers and workshops. And while you're waiting for details, check out an online version of the schedule.
Can I choose to attend only some of the sessions/events?
We want you to make the best use of your time with us over the course of the week, so we encourage you to attend as much as you can. However, your attendance at sessions and/or events is your choice.
Are you feeding me?
Light meals will be provided (breakfast and lunch) while you are with us from Mon 10/9 through Thurs 10/13 - Friday.
What if I have a food allergy/intolerance of some sort?
Please be sure to include information about your allergies and/or intolerances when you complete the Passholder Survey (sent to you after purchase of LIVE ACCESS Passholder Bundle), so that we can be sure to notify catering about your dietary needs. We will not be able to accommodate your requests if they are not included in the information you provide for the survey.
COST & PAYMENT
What’s included in the cost of conference?
The registration fee includes the cost to attend 5 days of instruction, access to conference materials and giveaways, and the cost for all provided meals.
How long do I have to buy my ticket?
Tickets run out fast! We award tickets by giving preference to those who can attend all 5 days and we reserve the right to deny entry for any reason. We encourage you to purchase your ticket immediately, as we are unable to hold or reserve one for you once they are all gone.
Is on-site registration available?
Nope! Due to the nature of this opportunity, we will need to plan for all Live Access Passholders in advance. Follow us on social media and keep an eye on #Photoweek2017 to stay in the loop!
Can I purchase more than 1 ticket?
In an effort to better track our attendees and provide proper technical assistance, we require that each attendee be registered separately.
Can I transfer my registration to another person?
Yes, but only for a limited time. [Optional: This year, tickets are only transferrable until September 9th, 2017, please contact PhotoweekLiveAccess@creativelive.com to work out who you’d like to offer your spot to. Please have their CreativeLive account information available (a.k.a. The email associated with their CL account).
Is there a group or student discount?
We do not offer special group or student discounts.Our philosophy is that rather than offering a limited amount of discount tickets to a few people, we’ve decided to instead lower the price of all tickets across the board.
Can I bring a guest to the Keynote events after classes wrap?
Due to the limited size of occupancy allowed by our after-party venue, we are unable to provide guest tickets. Your friends or guests CAN however register for a spot via the course page and on Eventbrite.
Can I connect with people attending the conference before the official event?
Yes! If you would like to meet or chat with some of the people attending this year’s Photo Week through our LIVE ACCESS Passholder Experience, you can join our CreativeLive Photo Week 2017 Facebook private group page. You will be given a link to access this page through your email confirmation upon purchasing your ticket. Please note, this is completely optional and not every Passholder attendee will be present in this group. We do not give out any attendee’s contact information.
I want to cancel my ticket.
All cancellations will be subject to a $150 cancellation fee for each ticket until September 9th, 2017. After that date, we cannot accommodate cancellations and no refunds or exceptions will be made.
Can I pay less if I only attend one day of the classes and events?
Unfortunately, we do not offer daily rates.
Can I write this off for my photography business?
That's a great question! Please consult a Tax Professional for the answer to this question.
I have a question that hasn’t been answered. Where can I ask?
Feel free to email PhotoweekLiveAccess@creativelive.com. One of our conference gurus would be glad to help you with whatever you need!