Produce And Create An Impactful Interview
with Abba Shapiro
Log in or Sign up for FREE and get full access to these and thousands of other Open Lessons in our catalog! Watch 1 Lesson For Free
01 Class Introduction03:43
Class duration: 2h 49mSee all 14 lessons
About The Class
Prepare, Shoot and Edit Your Story
- How to use and be confident with the gear you have and gear you may need
- Lighting techniques and camera angles that will ease your time in post
- How to get your subject comfortable on camera
- How to ask questions to get your subject to speak in a way that edits clearly/smoothly
- Audio guides for mic’ing your subject and backup options
- Successful workflow tips on ingesting and organizing your media
- Editing your piece together in Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Conducting an Interview42:44
Conducting an Interview - Demo08:30
Camera Placement and Gear Overview16:19
Common Framing Mistakes03:39
Interview Subject Placement02:29
Recording the Interview and Room Tone02:00
Capturing B- Roll02:13
Organizing Media and Folders19:12
Review and Edit23:57
Abba Shapiro is an Adobe master trainer, certifying university and training center instructors to teach Adobe Premiere Pro. He is also a master trainer in several non-Adobe video production tools and has helped editors migrate to the Adobe platform ... read moreSee instructor's Classes
Rough Cut of Blair Stocker Interview
100% of students recommend this class.
See what some of them have to say.
I found this course very helpful and I recommend it. I picked up a lot of tips, and frankly this course made me realize that putting more preparation into client interactions AND using a more sophisticated production pays off in higher quality video. I wish he had gone into more detail on microphones and camera gear but I can pick that up on review sites.
Similar classes you might like
You know who’d love this class...?
When gift-spiration strikes, grab it. Give this class to a friend who’d love it. For their birthday or just because. (Or just because you missed their birthday.)