One way to keep your podcast fresh, informative, and entertaining is by booking interesting, knowledgeable guests. But how do you go about reaching out to potential guests and convincing them to be on your show? And once you do nab a great guest, how can you make sure you get the best interview possible?
Popular podcaster and interviewer Jordan Harbinger will show you the secrets to booking the best guests for your particular audience and making sure you’re well prepared to interview them. You’ll discover that it’s not important for a guest to be famous, get pointers on which email scripts to use, and find out how to keep your network of guests happy and coming back for more.
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Select the right guests and book them using tools such as Trello and MeisterTask.
- Follow up with potential guests with email tools like Boomerang.
- Research your guests by reading their books, looking them up online, listening to interviews, and more.
- Prepare your guests by giving them a pre-show walk-through.
- Ask unique questions so your interview is different from everyone else’s.
- Track your conversation and communicate with your producer in real time.