For those just starting out in the world of podcasting, post-production is often the most intimidating aspect. The technology and tools can seem overly complex to those who are more focused on creative storytelling, especially if they have little experience with audio and editing.
Jim Briggs, lead sound designer and engineer for “Reveal,” offers this comprehensive overview of the post-production process to take the mystery out of audio editing and mixing. He’ll help you get familiar with the key terms and concepts in the post-production workflow, setting up your workspace, and navigating and managing edit and mix sessions, so you feel comfortable and confident with this critical phase of podcasting.
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Understand the story flow, from green light to mix.
- Evaluate and gather the essential tools you need.
- Use templates, tracks, repetition, and mixer functions.
- Look at frequency, waveform, and stereo.
- Create good collaborative and organizational practices for audio.