It takes more than raw talent to make a living as a musician – and it doesn’t happen overnight. In this online course, Modern Drummer’s 2013 Best Metal Drummer of the Year and founder of BandHappy Matt Halpern will show you how to break out of the garage and build a lasting career in the music industry.
Drawing on his own successful experience with the award-winning band Periphery, Matt will walk you through the everything you need to know about breaking into the industry, improving your technical skills, and making the right moves to ensure long-term success. You’ll learn how to get your foot in the door, build a sustainable career as a working musician, and keep growing your career from there. From finding the right management, agent, and label to building relationships with sponsors and key industry players, you’ll learn it all from one of this generation’s most respected minds in the business.
Special industry guests include:
- Ash Avildsen - Sumerian Records Founder/CEO
- Mike Mowery - Outerloop MGMT Founder/CEO
- Mark Scribner - Business Manager for Killswitch Engage, Periphery, Animals as Leaders
- Mike Johnston - Drummer, Clinician and Founder of Mikeslessons.com
- Chris Brewer - Head of Artist Relations for Meinl Cymbals USA
- J.P. Bouvet - Drummer, Clinician and winner of Guitar Center Drum Off 2011
By the end of this class, you’ll have a comprehensive, actionable playbook for breaking into the music industry and putting in the right work.