The role of a manager isn’t just to oversee and supervise, making sure things get done on time and according to plan. Truly great managers also instruct, advise, support and inspire. They help make their direct reports the best they can be.
Similar to an athletic coach, managers should help employees expand upon their strengths, as well as identify and conquer their weaknesses. And rather than being a hand-holder for their employees, managers should help them develop the skills they need to handle challenges on their own.
This course deals with the coaching aspect of management, which is both the most important and most difficult to master. Taught by expert renowned coach Cory Caprista, it’s perfect for both aspiring and experienced managers and professional coaches.
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Understand how people learn and teach them new skills.
- Help people break negative patterns and spark real change.
- Figure out how to adjust your style for different personality types.
- Coach constructively rather than just give advice.
- Problem solve issues without getting overwhelmed.