There’s nothing quite like the magic of turning a two-dimensional sheet of metal into a three-dimensional form. In Explorations in Metalsmithing: Hollow Fabrication, you’ll learn how to create volume in metal through various forming and soldering techniques and how to take those forms and turn them into unique jewelry that will turn heads!
In this one of a kind class, designer and metalsmith Megan Auman will show you how to take your jewelry making skills to the next level to create unique and distinctive designs.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Make three-dimensional forms in metal - including spheres, cones, and organic shapes, and more.
- Use hollow fabrication techniques to create your own ring.
- Tackle more complicated soldering projects. (Without investing in more tools.)
- Finish your forms so they’re sturdy and stunning.
- Turn your hollow fabrication explorations into amazing earrings, bracelets, and pendants.
Whether you’re just getting started in metalsmithing, or you’ve been dabbling for years, you’ll leave this class with the skills and ideas necessary to take your jewelry designs to the next level. Plus, you’ll learn how to create distinctive three-dimensional jewelry - perfect to wear, share, or sell! Join us for Explorations in Metalsmithing: Hollow Fabrication!