All right. Next trap. Hiding right. Hiding hiding is when you shrink. This is that This one blows when you really see it, it really does. It's triggered by fear. I don't know what fear, but it's triggered by fear that if you were to step into your full potential and take on that new P and l A work or you were to step into your full potential and put your work out there, you were stepping your full potential and just share the idea that you have like that something is going to trigger. It's like that kid that's standing on the edge, you know, looking down, and it just the more you think about it, that and then you just want to shrink away. Hiding is when you avoid people and you avoid phone calls. So if you see if you have somebody that you need to talk to and you're hiding, you're avoiding them. If you have calls that you need to make and you're not making them because you're worried about how it's gonna go, this is hiding. What happens again is it's triggered by fear or self doubt or ...
insecurity, and then the action is to shrink. The action is to avoid for those of you that are silent. So you're in a relationship and you're not happy. You just shut up and put up. This is a form of hiding. It's triggered by self doubt. Um, being a chicken about money or terms, terms because terms are sticky in the creative business, the licensing and the rights and the this and that. And how much am I actually producing for you? And the other form of hiding is procrastinating because you are avoiding absolutely avoiding. I hope you're starting to see all of you that without playing the numbers game confidence is a numbers game. Your success is a numbers game. Um, do you know how many paintings Picasso painted in his lifetime? He had almost 100 masterpieces. Do you know how many paintings you painted in his lifetime? More than 50,000. Everybody that is in that is in the game of success is playing the numbers game. Okay, Dyson, You know the Dyson vacuum cleaners? They did almost 5000 prototypes for the 1st So if you want to improve, if you want Teoh, find the investors, you are literally go 100 conversations for one good one, particularly in that business, because you're dealing with so much ego and people are used to, you know, folks coming in and asking for money. So there is another bias that's out there, which is I hear the say, I hear a lot all the time, and so you've got to bring something special the table, so just keep trying and you'll find it's a numbers game.
AFTER THIS CLASS YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Use Mel Robbins’ five-second rule to stop negative thoughts and change your life for the better.
- De-escalate anxiety and agitation.
- Create mental scripts that help you overcome typical situations that get you into trouble and prevent you from acting.
- Overcome your mental blocks and change the way you think about things.
ABOUT MEL'S CLASS:
Are you plagued by the imposter syndrome—thinking that your accomplishments aren’t real and that you’re secretly a fraud and a failure? Do you have crippling anxiety and bad habits that are ruining your chances of achieving your goals? Does your low self-esteem and negative past experience influence your thought patterns? Do you fall into the trap of self-pity that keeps you from seeing positive outcomes? If so, you’re definitely not alone.
If you want to get over these persistent, sometimes agonizing problems so you can gain a new perspective and make real, positive changes in your life, this course can help you do it. Mel Robbins is one of the most sought-after motivational instructors in the world. She’s been trusted by global brands to design and deliver life-changing, interactive experiences that inspire change, challenge thinking, encourage self-love, and accelerate personal and professional growth.
- Understand the science behind how self-doubt effects you.
- Learn and discover ways to overcome self-doubt and have fewer negative emotions.
- Build your self-esteem and competency skills.
- Shed your irrational fears, stop undervaluing yourself, and quiet the inner critic.
- Get out of your comfort zone, quiet the negative voices, and stop practicing habits of hesitation.
- Stop hiding, being hypercritical, and feeling helpless so you can move forward and discover the path to achieve your creative endeavors.
Mel will give you concrete, actionable advice and steps you can practice to help you stop living with the constant worry that plagues and cripples your daily life. By showing you how to overcome self-doubt and build self-confidence, Mel will help you build the confidence you need to realize your dreams, whether it’s starting your own business, losing those 15 pounds that are weighing you down, or finding true love from a partner. After this class, you’ll better understand your patterns, what to do to break unhealthy habits, act with courage, self-compassion, and overcome self-doubt so you can get what you want out of life.
WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR:
- People from all walks of life, even successful people, who want to overcome the self-doubt and the fear of failure that is holding them back and preventing them from accomplishing their dreams.
- Those who want to gain more self-confidence so they can go after what they’re worth in their career.
- People who want to develop stronger, deeper and more meaningful relationships and be their best selves.