How To Develop Self-Confidence
So how do you build it? So there's been a tremendous amount of research about confidence and how you build it. I know we all want more of it, but how do you build it? So all of the research points to this something called the Confidence Competency Loop, and I'm gonna show it to you in just a second. The confidence competency loop. What happens in life is that when you try something new Imposter syndrome, right, Let's build on the imposter syndrome. You try something new and all of you, you're starting. You're going. This is a new chapter. When I see that kind of witchery, voodoo stuff happen and I walk into a hotel and I get a sign like that, it's like for all of us. Um, when you try something new because I want you to step into that imposter syndrome, I want you to embrace it. It's a good thing when you try something new, you're gonna be terrified. You're gonna be nervous. That's normal. You're either going to succeed or you'll survive because even if you fail, you're all still sittin...
g here. So you're not dead. So whatever it is that you've gone through. You've survived it, and we cognitively know this. And see, this is the challenge with these kind of topics. They're heavy. We know these things. But how do you get this in your bones? You've had a 1,000,000 people. Try until you fail till years. A good thing, you know, like you know, we all say it's all over my instagram feed. It's like you got to see it, but how do you get it in your bones? We understand that when you succeed or survive, you learn something, right. And then when you learn something, you're building a skill. This is just like member high. In the very beginning, the course, I said, I'm gonna teach you how to run you is the equipment. So when you build skills, you gain competency. And what's interesting is the more that you master something, whether it's cold calling or it's a selling process or its negotiating and walking away from deals were, they won't pay you $4000. The more that you gained competency, the lower your anxiety drops, the more your nerves dropped, the more your doubt drops because you're learning it. And so what ends up happening when you have competency is now you've got confidence. Pretty cool, right? So we talk about this stuff, but understanding that this is the only way to build it. You can't think your way to it. And I know a lot of us in the personal development space talk a lot about mindset. We're gonna get into that. But it doesn't start with mindset. And this is what I want to pound into your brains. Yes. Thinking positive helps a lot, but confidence and self doubt, they really breaking. The cycle starts with action. That's why this is my definition for confidence. It's the decision to try you just saw in that model. When you try, you succeed or survive, you then learn something. As you learn something, you build skills. As you build skills, you gain competency, and that's what gives you confidence. It all begins with the willingness to try
AFTER THIS CLASS YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Use Mel Robbins’ five-second rule to stop negative thoughts and change your life for the better.
- De-escalate anxiety and agitation.
- Create mental scripts that help you overcome typical situations that get you into trouble and prevent you from acting.
- Overcome your mental blocks and change the way you think about things.
ABOUT MEL'S CLASS:
Are you plagued by the imposter syndrome—thinking that your accomplishments aren’t real and that you’re secretly a fraud and a failure? Do you have crippling anxiety and bad habits that are ruining your chances of achieving your goals? Does your low self-esteem and negative past experience influence your thought patterns? Do you fall into the trap of self-pity that keeps you from seeing positive outcomes? If so, you’re definitely not alone.
If you want to get over these persistent, sometimes agonizing problems so you can gain a new perspective and make real, positive changes in your life, this course can help you do it. Mel Robbins is one of the most sought-after motivational instructors in the world. She’s been trusted by global brands to design and deliver life-changing, interactive experiences that inspire change, challenge thinking, encourage self-love, and accelerate personal and professional growth.
- Understand the science behind how self-doubt effects you.
- Learn and discover ways to overcome self-doubt and have fewer negative emotions.
- Build your self-esteem and competency skills.
- Shed your irrational fears, stop undervaluing yourself, and quiet the inner critic.
- Get out of your comfort zone, quiet the negative voices, and stop practicing habits of hesitation.
- Stop hiding, being hypercritical, and feeling helpless so you can move forward and discover the path to achieve your creative endeavors.
Mel will give you concrete, actionable advice and steps you can practice to help you stop living with the constant worry that plagues and cripples your daily life. By showing you how to overcome self-doubt and build self-confidence, Mel will help you build the confidence you need to realize your dreams, whether it’s starting your own business, losing those 15 pounds that are weighing you down, or finding true love from a partner. After this class, you’ll better understand your patterns, what to do to break unhealthy habits, act with courage, self-compassion, and overcome self-doubt so you can get what you want out of life.
WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR:
- People from all walks of life, even successful people, who want to overcome the self-doubt and the fear of failure that is holding them back and preventing them from accomplishing their dreams.
- Those who want to gain more self-confidence so they can go after what they’re worth in their career.
- People who want to develop stronger, deeper and more meaningful relationships and be their best selves.