Overcoming Learned Helplessness
so helplessness. Um, this is when you feel, uh, completely at a loss. Your victim. You, um you just it's typically triggered by insecurity and low self worth. Which again, is something you learned. You either play the victim, and these are bad things. Like I don't want you to hear like, Ooh, that's ma'am a victim mood. Now it's just it's a flavor of the same thing. You're no different than the lawyer that Zane is. You just have a different like tone toe how you do it. You're still taking actions that stop you. You know the solution, but you just feel helpless and actually making it happen. You might find yourself being the kind of person that sees things that nothing ever goes your way, that, you know, you might feel like you got every book, every excuse in the book, and this isn't a bad thing. Like, I want you to understand that I want you to start the laugh at yourself in the kind of stupid stuff that you're doing truly. I mean, Jenny looks so freed up because she's like, man, I, lik...
e, was filming from here. Over here. I got a show coming out of this thing. This is amazing, you know, being such an idiot. I mean, all the stuff that I used to do so dumb, so dumb s O. This is not a bad or a week label. It is just the stupid stuff you do. And we all do stupid stuff.
AFTER THIS CLASS YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Use Mel Robbins’ five-second rule to stop negative thoughts and change your life for the better.
- De-escalate anxiety and agitation.
- Create mental scripts that help you overcome typical situations that get you into trouble and prevent you from acting.
- Overcome your mental blocks and change the way you think about things.
ABOUT MEL'S CLASS:
Are you plagued by the imposter syndrome—thinking that your accomplishments aren’t real and that you’re secretly a fraud and a failure? Do you have crippling anxiety and bad habits that are ruining your chances of achieving your goals? Does your low self-esteem and negative past experience influence your thought patterns? Do you fall into the trap of self-pity that keeps you from seeing positive outcomes? If so, you’re definitely not alone.
If you want to get over these persistent, sometimes agonizing problems so you can gain a new perspective and make real, positive changes in your life, this course can help you do it. Mel Robbins is one of the most sought-after motivational instructors in the world. She’s been trusted by global brands to design and deliver life-changing, interactive experiences that inspire change, challenge thinking, encourage self-love, and accelerate personal and professional growth.
- Understand the science behind how self-doubt effects you.
- Learn and discover ways to overcome self-doubt and have fewer negative emotions.
- Build your self-esteem and competency skills.
- Shed your irrational fears, stop undervaluing yourself, and quiet the inner critic.
- Get out of your comfort zone, quiet the negative voices, and stop practicing habits of hesitation.
- Stop hiding, being hypercritical, and feeling helpless so you can move forward and discover the path to achieve your creative endeavors.
Mel will give you concrete, actionable advice and steps you can practice to help you stop living with the constant worry that plagues and cripples your daily life. By showing you how to overcome self-doubt and build self-confidence, Mel will help you build the confidence you need to realize your dreams, whether it’s starting your own business, losing those 15 pounds that are weighing you down, or finding true love from a partner. After this class, you’ll better understand your patterns, what to do to break unhealthy habits, act with courage, self-compassion, and overcome self-doubt so you can get what you want out of life.
WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR:
- People from all walks of life, even successful people, who want to overcome the self-doubt and the fear of failure that is holding them back and preventing them from accomplishing their dreams.
- Those who want to gain more self-confidence so they can go after what they’re worth in their career.
- People who want to develop stronger, deeper and more meaningful relationships and be their best selves.