Try a Fast Class – now available to all CreativeLive subscribers! Fast Classes are shortened “highlight” versions of our most popular classes that let you consume 10+ hours in about 60 minutes. We’ve edited the most popular moments, actionable techniques, and profound insights into bite-sized chunks – so you can easily find and focus on what matters most to you. (And of course, you can always go back to the full class for a deep dive into your favorite parts.)Full-length class: Posing 101 with Lindsay Adler
Subscribe to CREATIVELIVE and cue up this class and other FAST CLASS classes anytime.
AFTER THIS CLASS YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Use camera angle, lens choice, and cropping to improve your poses
- Hide unflattering problem areas
- Address different body types through posing and wardrobe
- Go for simple poses rather than extravagant ones
- Pose couples, individuals, and groups to ensure everyone looks good
- Understand the differences between posing women and men
ABOUT LINDSAY'S CLASS:
Posing is one of the fundamentals of great photography. It’s also the thing that photographers have the least control over. We can choose our lenses, set up, lighting, and retouch with Adobe® Photoshop®. But when it comes to photography poses, we need to pay attention and work closely with our subjects to find the perfect pose and the best way to capture the most flattering image.
Fashion and portrait photographer Lindsay Adler will break down the fundamentals of perfect posing, giving you the basic rules you should follow to make your subjects and your photos look their best. Through live photo shoots and slides, Lindsay demonstrates the do’s and don’ts for every category of subject, including men, women, older people, couples, brides and grooms, groups, and more.
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Connect with your subjects through sincere compliments, repeating their name and discovering their passions.
- Avoid using negative terms that will make subjects feel ill at ease.
- Master the rules of posing, then know when to break them.
- Be confident when posing couples at a wedding whether it's a bride and groom, mature couple or same-sex couple.
This course is perfect for novice photographers just getting their feet wet in the world of portrait photography, but it also offers useful advice and techniques for even the most skilled professionals. By the end, you’ll be able to discover the beauty in every one of your subjects and bring it out for the world to see.
WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR:
- All levels of photographers who want to set themselves apart and up their posing game.
- Professional photographers who want to learn new ways of posing women, men, children, couples, and groups so they can impress current clients and attract new ones.
- Hobbyist photographers who want to learn to pose their family and friends.