Learn the basics of metalsmithing to make stunning statement earrings (and more!) - no torch required!
Getting started in metalsmithing doesn’t have to be scary. In Foundations in Metalsmithing: Statement Earrings, you’ll learn the basic skills you need to start making metal jewelry, as well as the design principles to create your own unique pair of statement earrings, all with less than $100 in tools! (And, you’ll be able to apply those tools and new-found skills to expand your ideas into a full line of jewelry!)
In this class, jewelry designer and metalsmith Megan Auman will show anyone how to get started making one of a kind metal jewelry.
You will learn how to:
- Choose the right tools and materials for your metal jewelry projects.
- Design incredible (and comfortable to wear) statement earrings with balance and movement.
- Saw and pierce to create any shape from sheet metal.
- File and finish your metal pieces so they look professional.
- Create your own ear wires to finish off your unique design.
Whether you’re looking to grow your existing jewelry making knowledge or for a new creative outlet that you can proudly wear (and show off!), you’ll leave this class with your own pair of stunning statement earrings - and the skills and design chops to expand your ideas into a complete line of jewelry!