Creating a Slideshow
if you have a group of people and you want to showcase your images, you can show a slide show now. This is something that is only available at this point in time on a mobile device or on the web interface, it's not available in the desktop version of Lightroom. And so I'm not sure why, but it's only on the web and on a mobile device. And so first let me show you how to do this on my ipad over here. And so we've got an album. So I'm gonna go to my reflections album and if I want to show a slide show there's a little ellipsis at the very top and I can click on slide show and that will show a little collage of images here to say this is what's going to happen. If I click on that, you can see um that I can show transitions and how long those transitions are going to go. So I'm just gonna do normal cross fade and then I'll hit the play button and then those show up now what you're seeing is not a full screen display because uh the ipad has a different aspect ratio than the 16 by nine aspect...
ratio that we're recording. So, but on my ipad this fills the entire screen, it's a full screen display. And so if I was with other people, I could be saying, hey, here's my images and showing them this beautiful slideshow and it looks really wonderful. There is a different version. So if you're not on a mobile device, you can also go into your web browser. okay? You can also do this on the phone, but in a web browser, it's a similar thing. So I'm gonna go here to my Scenic photos and then what I can do is go to the upper right hand corner, there's a little ellipsis there for more actions, I can click on that. So remember you're in an album and I'm gonna click on that and then I get start slideshow Now here at the very bottom I have my options. If I click that up, I can change if I want to loop this or have it go one time through, I can change the speed, slow medium or fast and I can say if I want this to be full screen or not. So I'll say loop and I'll say full screen and then here we have a full screen slideshow and it just goes by default, this is going to show the title and description the star, the caption that we typed in and right now there's no way to customize that. There's no way to turn that on or off. There's also no way to add music. And so if you're doing slide shows and using these these at events and um weddings, things like that that we talked about in my Lightroom Classic. This is not a really good option because you can't add music, you can't add watermarks, you can't really control what's going on, you can't set things to a certain duration. It's not a very good slideshow module, but it's there and you can use it okay. Now that, you know about slideshow and how that works on the web and in a mobile device, we can talk about a different way to share images. And so we're gonna talk about sharing images with gallery. It's a little bit different than just sharing images. And so we're gonna show you that next.
AFTER THIS CLASS YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Use Lightroom to its fullest potential using the Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Edit photos quickly and creatively.
- Share your images in custom websites and on social media.
- Grow your editing skills for years to come.
- Share editing techniques with thousands of others.
- Create prints and albums using Lightroom Connections.
ABOUT MARK’S CLASS:
This class is a step-by-step walkthrough of Lightroom CC. This class will give you an overview of Lightroom and how it fits within the Adobe Creative Cloud universe. You’ll learn how to maximize Lightroom’s potential by learning now to organize and edit your images. You’ll also learn how to share your work with the world using online galleries, portfolios, and more.
Topics Covered in this class:
- Adding photos to Lightroom, backing them up and keeping them organized.
- Editing your images quickly using Presets and Enhance.
- Using the advanced photo editing features in Lightroom; the global and local adjustments.
- Adding titles and captions to your images.
- The many ways to share images from Lightroom; exporting, building online galleries, using Adobe Portfolio and Behance, and more.
- How to share your images quickly on social media by exporting by using Adobe Spark.
- Expanding your editing skills with the Discover and Share Edit features in Lightroom.
- Lightroom and Lightroom Classic syncing.
- Lightroom and Photoshop integration.
WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR:
- Beginner and Intermediate Photographers
- Professional Photographers looking to streamline their workflow
- Lightroom Classic users wanting to make the transition to Lightroom CC
- Social Media Influencers who need to post frequent updates
- Professional Photographers looking for ways to reach more clients
- Photographers looking to learn new ways of editing their photos
Adobe Lightroom 2021
Adobe Photoshop 2021
Adobe Lightroom Classic 2021
Adobe Portfolio (web)
Adobe Behance (web)
Adobe Spark (iOS, web)
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR:
Mark Wallace is a photographer based in the United States. Best known for his web-based video series Digital Photography One on One and Exploring Photography sponsored by Adorama.
Millions of people have watched Mark’s videos on YouTube, and the numbers continue to grow. Mark has a strong social media following on Facebook and Twitter, where he spends time interacting with viewers and workshop attendees.
In 2014, Mark left the United States to embark on a 2-year worldwide adventure. He visited 28 countries and captured thousands of unique photographs across the globe.
In 2016 Mark decided to give up planes, trains, and automobiles and is now exploring the world on his motorcycle.
Bonus Materials with Purchase
Tether Tools Pro Kit Discount
Tether Tools Starter Kit Discount