What do you get when you put a baby boomer, a GenXer and a millennial on a team? Squabbling? Misunderstanding? Utter chaos? Or maybe you get a potent mix of styles, perspectives and ideas that can move your business forward in ways a more homogeneous team couldn’t.
While teams made of like minded individuals can seem more manageable and harmonious, they aren’t particularly realistic considering that the current workforce is made up of people from four different generations. So it’s a good idea for managers and team members to figure out ways to just get along.
Gaynor Strachan Chun will explain both the challenges and opportunities that multigenerational teams present and show how they can provide team members with experiences that are more fun, fulfilling and successful.
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Recognize the unique strengths of each generation.
- Keep an open mind, accept different opinions and respect others’ backgrounds.
- Find the fun in multigenerational teams.
- Get over stereotypes and presumptions that we have about different generations.
- Understand the value and power of diversity.
- Set up rules of engagement.