For some people, writing a bio is excruciating. How do you sum up your life, your work, your entire being in one neat little paragraph? How do you figure out what to put in and what to leave out? And how do you share your accomplishments without sounding totally full of yourself?
Whether you need to write a brief bio, create an about page or just figure out the best way to introduce yourself at a conference, this class will make the process fun, not painful. Melissa Cassera, an experienced brand and marketing consultant for businesses large and small, will teach you how to use your bio to connect with your readers and convert them to customers and clients.
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Use journalistic interview strategies to uncover your best work and worth.
- Strike the right balance between professional and personable.
- Understand your readers so you can connect with them.
- Infuse personality into your bio.
- Create a 30-second pitch for yourself and your business.
- Write a compelling byline, 300-word story and about page.