When it comes to getting ahead in the world of work, it seems that those who are bold, confident and willing to speak their minds are the ones who get the choicest projects and the loftiest promotions.
But what if you’re an introvert? What if you hate being the center of attention, get nervous before presentations, and avoid contact with your colleagues and superiors? Are you destined to remain on the lowest rungs of the corporate ladder?
According to Ilise Benun, an author and teacher known as the Marketing Mentor, the answer is an emphatic “No!” Ilise has created a treasure trove of tools and techniques to help the shyest and quietest among us succeed in the workplace. She’ll show you how to embrace your introversion while also learning the skills you need to advance your career and become a leader at work.
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Conquer your shyness and present yourself confidently.
- Assert yourself when you need to, speak up at meetings and get recognized.
- Take the credit you deserve for your accomplishments.
- Communicate your strengths and what you’re capable of to the right people.
- Identify when you’re feeling shy or fearful and how to handle it.
- Observe other personality types and adjust your behavior accordingly.
- Develop your confidence with concrete exercises.
- Find your personal networking style so you can get what you want.
- Improve your communication, presentation and meeting skills.