Capturing B- Roll
- [Man] So, Blair, what I'm going to do is, I'm going to just have you hold the items up again, so we can get close-ups. Let me just check my focus here. Okay, that's great. Okay, Blair, if you'd hold the book up and actually...feel free to actually say what you were saying, and that way we can kind of just grab that. - [Blair] So the name of the book is
Wise Craft Quilts: A Guild to Turning Beloved
Fabrics into Meaningful Patchwork. - Excellent. Let's take a look at some of the other things that you showed us. - This is a project in the book. It's a quilt...actually a picnic blanket type of quilt made from Tyvek race numbers, that my husband collected from cycling races that he was in. - Okay. Just hold it up there for a second. So I'm tilting up and then I'm tilting down, gives me some editing options. Okay. And let's talk about the general one that you spoke of, you know, they're just old things that you put together, and that dealing with the color, and whatnot. - This is a pro...
ject in the book that explores color value from your fabric collection, dividing it all into medium value with lights and darks, and then playing with that in the design. - Okay. Just hold that up for me for a little bit. Excellent. You can go ahead and put that down. And then, second to last but not least, I'd like if you could hold up one of the numbers. - Okay. - And just reference that. - This is an example of the Tyvek numbers that I used in the race-centered quilt. - Okay. Hold that a little bit lower, please. A little lower even. Now did you hold it up with one hand when you held it or did you hold it up with two? - I don't remember. - Let's do both ways. - Okay.
The most memorable videos, tell a story. Developing interview skills that are both technical and personal, can greatly increase your storytelling ability. Abba Shapiro joins Creative Live to break down all the components of producing and piecing together an interview. Abba will cover every step to get you comfortable with capturing an interview from set-up through sharing. You’ll learn:
As you grow your video client list, you’ll need to be confident in capturing interviews by yourself or with a crew. Join Abba as he breaks down the confusion and gets you creating memorable stories confidently and quickly.
- How to use and be confident with the gear you have and gear you may need
- Lighting techniques and camera angles that will ease your time in post
- How to get your subject comfortable on camera
- How to ask questions to get your subject to speak in a way that edits clearly/smoothly
- Audio guides for mic’ing your subject and backup options
- Successful workflow tips on ingesting and organizing your media
- Editing your piece together in Adobe Premiere Pro CC