Recording the Interview and Room Tone
- [Abba] Blair, thanks for coming. I'm really happy to have you here. But before we get started, would you do me a favor and just state your full name and spell it for us so we can make sure we have it correctly? - [Blair] I am Blair Stocker. B-L-A-I-R, last name is spelled S-T-O-C-K-E-R. - Okay, great. Now talk directly to me. Now we're in your studio so there is some background noise, construction. Just keep talking unless I stop you and we'll just have a conversation. So, you have a new book coming out. I'm really excited about that. You had a previous book that I got to thumb through. Tell us a little bit about this new book that you have. - This new book is called "Wise Craft Quilts" and it's called, it's "A Guide to Turning Beloved Fabrics into Meaningful Patchwork". And this book comes out in March and it's one of my favorite...it's about one of my favorite things in the world, which is quilt making with fabrics and things that are meaningful to you or that somehow tell your sto...
ry. And I brought a few examples to share of the type of quilts that are in the book. There's 21 projects. It's for beginners or for seasoned quiltmakers that are just looking for some new inspiration. And an example of some of the things that I use, my husband is a cyclist. He saves all of his cycling... - That's great. Now before we stop, we're going to just sit here for about 30 seconds and just record the ambience of the room. So that I have this great sound effects. So we'll just be quiet and we'll just let it roll. And that's good.
The most memorable videos, tell a story. Developing interview skills that are both technical and personal, can greatly increase your storytelling ability. Abba Shapiro joins Creative Live to break down all the components of producing and piecing together an interview. Abba will cover every step to get you comfortable with capturing an interview from set-up through sharing. You’ll learn:
As you grow your video client list, you’ll need to be confident in capturing interviews by yourself or with a crew. Join Abba as he breaks down the confusion and gets you creating memorable stories confidently and quickly.
- How to use and be confident with the gear you have and gear you may need
- Lighting techniques and camera angles that will ease your time in post
- How to get your subject comfortable on camera
- How to ask questions to get your subject to speak in a way that edits clearly/smoothly
- Audio guides for mic’ing your subject and backup options
- Successful workflow tips on ingesting and organizing your media
- Editing your piece together in Adobe Premiere Pro CC