Join instructor and professional painter, Amy Wynne, as she teaches this introduction to drawing the landscape. She’ll share how to use a fountain pen, brushes, water, a pencil and a viewfinder to go out and capture the space and environment around you.
In this class, Amy will cover:
- Surveying the landscape: seascapes, countryside, and industrial
- Composition: nature sketching as a sensory diary
- Using a viewfinder
- Choosing your sky to land ratio
- Achieving depth in your drawings
- Establishing atmosphere and shadows
Amy will end the course with a series of drawing challenges to get you outside and drawing more every day! She’ll challenge you to draw the view from your car dashboard or your window at different times of day, keeping drawings in a field sketch journal.
Amy has been teaching painting and drawing for over 20 years at colleges across New England including the Rhode Island School of Design.