Workflow and Presets
workflow is something that Light room is built around and it's the way that we save time and were consistent and we can deliver things to clients in a consistent way. So how do we define workflow? Well, workflow is a process. It's a repeatable process that's developed over time that enables you to create consistent results with a minimal amount of effort. So what that means in practical terms is Light Room Classic allows you to create a process from A to Z. From getting it from your camera into the computer, developing it and getting it out to the web or to your clients or social media, whatever that is. In a consistent way. As you grow as a creative and you learn more about Light Room Classic. Your process will change, but the nice thing is as you change and add to your process, you can automate things. You can make your workflow very, very consistent. Now the key to consistent workflow is automation, I like that. Let's do it again, automation. Okay, so automation in light room. Class...
ic. Well it's called presets. And so what a preset is is if you do something like you have an image and you develop that in a very specific way, Maybe you convert that they're black and white, you make a vignette on that, you do the sharpening a very consistent way, you do some color grading whatever you spend a lot of time creating an image. And you love how that image turns out and you think, you know what the next time I take a photo in this specific environment, maybe it's in a studio on a white wall or maybe in a field or whatever. I'd like to have it look the same. You don't have to guess and go back into the develop module and try to replicate all of that stuff that you did before. You can automate it. So you can take that image that you spent hours on to get right and you can say you know what, let's automate that make it a preset. And then the next time you shoot something that's similar, you can click a single button and light room is gonna go boom and it's going to make that other image look exactly like the first image with a preset. You can automate things, you can automate all kinds of things. You can automate importing images, you can automate adding copyright information to images, You can automate adding watermarks to images. You can automate slide shows and books and creating online portfolios. You can make all of that custom and automatic. You can automate it almost anything in light room Classic. And I'll show you how to do that now to understand all this stuff. We want to first start in the very first part of the process and that is the library module
AFTER THIS CLASS YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Understand how Lightroom keeps things organized – the catalog system.
- Use The Library module: importing, keywording, metadata, organizing, and more.
- Use the Develop module: Make global and local adjustments, use the tools, use and create presets.
- Understand the Map module: Organize your photos geographically and use privacy settings.
- Use the Book module: Create a book from scratch.
- Use the Slideshow module: Create a slideshow, create presets, learn strategies for increasing your income using the slideshow module.
- Use the Print module: Create prints, create proof sheets for clients, and learn other hidden features.
- Use the Web module: Create galleries for online viewing.
In addition to the modules Mark will be covering:
- Custom Presets for automating your workflow.
- Watermarking your images.
- Using Publish Services.
- Integration with Photoshop, Lightroom, and Creative Cloud.
ABOUT MARK'S CLASS:
This class is a step-by-step walkthrough of Lightroom Classic, perfect for the beginner as well as those who have worked with Lightroom Classic previously. This class is everything you ever wanted to know about Lightroom Classic but were afraid to ask.
This class will give you an overview of Lightroom Classic and show you how to maximize its potential by creating a workflow for importing, keywording, adjusting, and exporting your images.
WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR:
- Beginner and Intermediate photographers.
- Professional Photographers looking to streamline their workflow.
Adobe Lightroom Classic
Bonus Materials with Purchase
Tether Tools Pro Kit Discount
Tether Tools Starter Kit Discount