You communicate with your team members every day, but have you ever stopped to consider how effective those conversations are? Are you really getting your message across in a clear and confident way? Are you explaining to your team why their jobs are critical to the success of the company?
If you feel like there’s something missing from your communication style, it could be the way you’re telling your story. Storytelling is an ancient art, used since the dawn of man to communicate, connect, and inspire. While it might come naturally to some, most of us need to learn and practice storytelling skills in order to achieve the most impact.
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Design a simple story model to use in crafting your message.
- Write a first draft of your story.
- Know where to start in using storytelling in the workplace.
- Engage your audience and elicit a positive reaction.
- Tell stories that are simple, clear and concise, without being overly detailed or confusing.
- Maintain authority while increasing authenticity and vulnerability.