There's a common misconception that artists have a monopoly on creativity...But the very act of making waves - no matter the career - is a creative one. The Chase Jarvis Live Show is an exploration of creativity, self-discovery, entrepreneurship, hard-earned lessons, and so much more. Chase sits down with the world's top creators, entrepreneurs, and thought leaders and unpacks actionable, valuable insights to help you live your dreams in career, hobby, and life.
ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
You’ve heard it bandied about in various contexts, but what do you really think when someone talks about healthy eating for maximized performance? Do you think one needs to give up on tasty to stay healthy?
Danielle Walker, the popular food blogger behind Against All Grain, tells us today that healthy food doesn’t have to be rude to the taste buds — so long as you’re willing to do a bit of research.
Danielle has been on a mission to share healthy food with the world for over a decade. She started with her first cookbook, Against All Grain, a New York Times Bestseller, followed by two other New York Times Bestsellers, Against All Grain Celebrations and Eat What You Love. To top it all, Danielle has a new release – Food Saved Me, a memoir detailing her journey of finding health and hope while living with an autoimmune disease.
In today’s episode, Danielle shares how she turned her kitchen into her laboratory, experimenting and discovering gut-friendly delectable recipes. We also discuss inflammatory diseases, their impact on the ones affected and those living around them, and why eating healthy is the first step to dealing with any autoimmune disorder.
Some points to take away from our conversation:
- Our gut houses the majority of our immune system – any kind of inflammation really begins there.
- How to dig out the root cause of your illness and why food, lifestyle, and mental health are critical players to the same.
- Misdiagnosis of disease and how to avoid that
- How to reframe your mindset and your priorities for better health – frame food in a positive light, start in simple and easy steps, and understand the “why” before you begin.
- Why to be vocal and honest about your medical condition
Danielle is throwing a virtual book release party on the 13th of this month. Check out her website, daniellewalker.com for more details.