For many people, public speaking is downright scary. When they’re given the task of making a speech or presentation at work or in their personal life, they’re overcome with dread and anxiety, worried that they’ll fail and make a fool of themselves.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. Not only can you learn to be a confident, effective and relaxed public speaker, you can even have fun in the process. This course uses improvisational thinking to give you the tools to not only be a great speaker, but also a better leader, team player, listener, storyteller and more authentic version of yourself.
This course is taught by Kimberly MacLean and Sammy Wegent of Speechless, a groundbreaking organization that helps companies bring more creativity and comedy to their business communications. Both Kimberly and Sammy have extensive experience as actors, comedians, instructors and presenters, and are eager to help you put a little show business into your business.
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Use improvisational thinking and methodology in your public speaking.
- Get over your fear of public speaking and build confidence.
- Do physical and linguistic exercises to loosen you up.
- Take creative risks.
- Create structure for your presentations.
- Utilize improvisational best practices.
- Add fun and comedy to your speeches and presentations.