There's a common misconception that artists have a monopoly on creativity...But the very act of making waves - no matter the career - is a creative one. The Chase Jarvis Live Show is an exploration of creativity, self-discovery, entrepreneurship, hard-earned lessons, and so much more. Chase sits down with the world's top creators, entrepreneurs, and thought leaders and unpacks actionable, valuable insights to help you live your dreams in career, hobby, and life.
ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
Nothing beats undeterred enthusiasm for doing something you absolutely love doing. It’s crucial, however, to understand that working in a team often requires you take a role outside of your comfort zone. Even without scoring, for example, your selfless contributions elevate the performance of the team.
Chris Bosh is an NBA Hall of Famer, eleven-time All-Star, two-time NBA champion, Olympic gold medallist, and The League’s Global Ambassador. Chris joins me on the show to share the pivotal moments in his life and the seven pillars to achieving lasting success, which he’s detailed in his new book, Letters to a Young Athlete.
One of the most noteworthy takeaways of my conversation with Chris is the importance of developing exceptional team skills. The legendary basketball player bring the fire to help anyone in pursuit of excellence make their way through challenges at work and in life.
Do you want to learn how to visualize success before it materializes? What if you could sail through criticism to focus on your passion alone?
We also discuss:
- Learning to retrace your passion
- The analogy between sports and life in general
- The seven pillars to success – perseverance, teamwork, mental preparation, rising as a team, staying in the moment, doing work, and visualizing success.
- Dealing with real-world situations to follow your passion
- Treating others the way you would like to be treated
- What it takes to be the best in the world at something – learning to sacrifice
- Cultivating good reading habits for success