AFTER THIS CLASS YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Scout for the best location to capture the night sky
- Understand how to research the moon and what makes for the best opportunities
- Camera setting and techniques
- Gear guides for your night adventure
- How to shoot meteor showers, star trails, the moon and other cosmic events
ABOUT PETER'S CLASS:
Night owl by nature? Get the skills and techniques to capture the night sky and the activity it presents. Peter Baumgarten, an Olympus Visionary, takes you in the field to discuss gear requirements, safety and camera set up so you can confidently go into any landscape and capture the milky way and beyond. With in-the-field examples, Peter will show you how to best prep and research your way to success as well as how to trouble shoot when the lights go out.
WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR:
- Night photographers
- Landscape and Outdoor enthusiasts
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR:
Peter is a professional photographer and educator living on Manitoulin Island in Northern Ontario. He regularly leads photography courses and workshops for novice and enthusiast photographers and travels across North America as an Olympus Visionary providing lectures and seminars on landscape, wildlife, and astrophotography. His work has been published in a number of magazines in both Canada and the U.S. and has been recognized for excellence on a number of photography websites. Peter is an avid outdoor enthusiast with a passion for wilderness camping, canoeing and kayaking.