Every photographer encounters situations where the light on their subject is less than ideal. A small flash can have a huge impact on your photos and is easier to use than you think! Photographer Mike Hagen joins CreativeLive to show you how to use your external flash quickly and comfortably. Mike will walk through the different flash options available and how to sync your camera and flash. He’ll walk you through different scenarios and demonstrate how your flash can improve your shots. After this class you’ll walk away knowing:
Don’t get stuck in a low light scenario without the confidence and tools you need to produce an amazing image.
- How to set up your flash with your camera and what to look for when shooting
- How to use a flash in scenarios like event photography, portraits and tabletop photography
- Which light shapers work best for your work and how to utilize them
- How to use your flash off camera, working with TTL cables, wireless triggers and other gear
- Techniques for using modifiers like umbrellas, softboxes and reflectors with your off camera flash