Try a Fast Class – now available to all Creator Pass subscribers! Fast Classes are shortened “highlight” versions of our most popular classes that let you consume 10+ hours in about 60 minutes. We’ve edited straight to the most popular moments, actionable techniques, and profound insights into bite-sized chunks– so you can easily find and focus on what matters most to you. (And of course, you can always go back to the full class for a deep dive into your favorite parts.)
Full-length class: How to Shoot with your First Flash with Mike Hagen
SUBSCRIBE TO CREATOR PASS and cue up this class and other FAST CLASS classes anytime.
Every photographer encounters situations where the light on their subject is less than ideal. A small flash can have a huge impact on your photos and is easier to use than you think! Photographer Mike Hagen joins CreativeLive to show you how to use your external flash quickly and comfortably. Mike will walk through the different flash options available and how to sync your camera and flash. He’ll walk you through different scenarios and demonstrate how your flash can improve your shots. After this class you’ll walk away knowing:
- How to set up your flash with your camera and what to look for when shooting
- How to use a flash in scenarios like event photography, portraits and tabletop photography
- Which light shapers work best for your work and how to utilize them
- How to use your flash off camera, working with TTL cables, wireless triggers and other gear
- Techniques for using modifiers like umbrellas, softboxes and reflectors with your off camera flash
Don’t get stuck in a low light scenario without the confidence and tools you need to produce an amazing image.