AFTER THIS CLASS YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Use portable flashes & modifiers to simulate natural light on-location.
- Re-create golden hour without depending on the sun.
- Use fog and flares to create an atmosphere and enhance the existing light.
- Use Flash for advanced in-camera dodging and burning.
- Mimic window light with flash.
- Use creative backlighting as the main light.
- Create realistic sun flares with Flash.
ABOUT PYE'S CLASS:
One of the most common misconceptions about flash photography is that flash makes an image look unnatural. In this flash workshop, the fourth in the lighting series, Pye Jirsa, teaches photographers how to create every natural light effect with flash, including golden hour, soft window light, and direct sun. These techniques, combined with the knowledge you gained from Flash Photography Crash Course, Lighting 101, Lighting 201, and Lighting 301, give you full mastery of flash photography and full control of the light in any scene.
Photographers are constantly faced with unexpected lighting challenges. A client may want the golden hour look after the sun has already set. Weather conditions can delay or move your shoots. You may want a natural window light look in a room without windows. The list of potential challenges goes on and on, and being able to adapt to unexpected changes in lighting is a critical skill set for a professional photographer.
The workshop works through nearly 20 scenes from start to finish, showing you how to set up and light each scene. We also provide you with over 50 exercise files so that you can work alongside us in post to achieve the final look. In addition to learning how to light and capture the images featured in this workshop, you’ll also learn how to post-produce the images in Lightroom and Photoshop to get to the final look.
Just like Lighting 301, this workshop includes “power translations” with each lesson so that you can know the exact power settings used and recreate the same light using any flash or modifier that you already own.
WHO THIS CLASS IS FOR:
- Photographers with a basic understanding of flash photography who want to elevate their lighting skills.
- Those who prefer the look of natural light but don’t want to limit their shoots to certain hours of the day or depend on specific weather conditions.
Adobe Lightroom Classic 2019
Adobe Photoshop 2019