There are stories happening around you all the time. How do you capture them and turn them into something meaningful to share with the world? Award winning documentarians and photojournalists Ed Kashi and Julie Winokur join CreativeLive to break down the technical and creative choices that go into crafting a short documentary. Whether you’re looking to create shareable videos on social platforms or hoping to gather funding for a more long term project, this class will be your quick guide into making great stories. Together they’ll show you:
- How to “mine” for your story - what is worth pursuing?
- How to get started translating your idea into reality
- How to research your subject and optimize your shooting schedule
- Funding support and techniques from writing pitches to reaching out to partners
- Production logistics to get you moving, including gear choices, audio musts, and approaching people to be in your project
- Interview tactics and b-roll coverage
- Post production workflows to create a polished piece
- How to generate multiple end products like trailers, social media videos, and even still photos
The only thing standing between you and telling a story through video is the knowledge to get there. Join Ed and Julie as they simplify the process and help you to begin creating mini-documentaries for clients or even just for yourself.